Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
levani

Leo, marketing question

10 posts in this topic

hey bro,

which marketing advise did you implement for your last business that helped you ?

If he doesn't respond, I think it was search ads with remarketing strategies. 

@Gianna "he" haha

what are search ads ?

what are remarketing strategies ?

I gamed search engine algorithms.

But those methods are no longer valid because search engines close loopholes every year.

These aren't the google days of 2008. Oh... what glorious and crazy days those were.

Business requires constant adaptation as the marketplace shifts underneath your feet.

I don't recommend gaming things as your business strategy. It never holds up well and it is the way of devilry.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@levani you may want to check Seth Godin's This is Marketing. Somebody recommended it to me here and it is gold. Not your traditional "screw your client over"marketing advice thou but necessary if you want to make your life purpose a profitable career as well

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I gamed search engine algorithms.

But those methods are no longer valid because search engines close loopholes every year.

These aren't the google days of 2008. Oh... what glorious and crazy days those were.

To build on this as someone whose full-time business is to write blogs/articles to help companies rank higher in Google search results...

The really low-quality stuff like keyword stuffing and other things have long been patched. But search engine algorithms themselves are still a valuable tool. In my opinion, more than paid advertising.

The thing is that you actually have to deliver valuable content that answers a question or solves a problem for someone.

OP, don't even look at it as marketing. Just put out high quality resources to help people for free. When you deliver value, you get value back.

Just in my spare time, a couple years ago I created a blog with 25 posts that just provides useful information and answers questions to people. It consistently gets 4,000 unique visitors per month for the past year or more, even though I've put 0 effort into creating new content for it. What is that worth in marketing terms?

11 hours ago, levani said:

@Gianna "he" haha

what are search ads ?

what are remarketing strategies ?

You need to learn to Google basic things man, or you'll never get anywhere in business.

There are so many marketing consultants out there who will help you

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 5/11/2021 at 1:07 AM, Leo Gura said:

It never holds up well and it is the way of devilry.

So unbelievably true. :) 

Leo talks a lot about conscious marketing.  Surely there are marketing guru's out there that help with conscious marketing.  As someone delving into entrepreneurship whilst looking after a family and still working at another job, I don't have time to do it myself!