Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StarfoxEpiphany

Question/rant/insight For Pickup Artists, Meditators, And Drinkers/non-drinkers (everybody Wins!)

22 posts in this topic

So, I've been meditating for a month, daily, and doing yoga daily for 2 Weeks., To extremely powerful effect. Last night, after work, I decided to drink to socialize and experiment

When I'm sober, I can connect with sober people on very deep levels, but most people just aren't used to it, unless their drunk.  I'm definitely on the lookout for people that 'resonate' at a 'high frequency' when I'm sober, and i do meet these people in public, which is always awesome. However, it seems like we are all so busy when we're non-drinkers/meditators and our days are filled with productivity, making it very difficult to actually socialize, even if we really like each other.

As I said earlier, last night, I decided to drink.  It started out with me being way more aware than my fellow drinkers and it was quite difficult to match the level of other drunks and relate to people.  I even ran into a group of hot girls that love me when I'm sober, but it was a dead conversation while we were drinking.

Also, the other day, I woke up at about 3am to do yoga and a wasted Finnish girl with massive tits, a beautiful ass, and a tight body called me up wanting to fuck as soon as I woke up. So, I showed up sober and it was the shittiest sex I have ever had in my life

Question for pickup artists...

How the hell can you even fuck drunk bitches?  And what the hell compels you fucking weirdos to go to bars and clubs, sober, to fuck drunk bitches? Leo is/was a massive offender.  Look at his 'How to be funny' video. Seriously Leo, "thousands of hours of this shit?" Wtf was wrong with you?

P.S. this is actually a question, not jab. What in this world motivates you to pull that shit?

To continue, there's a woman I love being around, especially sober, and she loves being around me. I got invited out about an hour ago to get hammered with her on Wednesday.

Question for Meditators...

Do you guys/girls even like drinking? I don't really like it anymore. What do you do when people you love being with offer you to get wasted? 

I have to make a decision in the next few hours on whether or not to go out with this person i completely resonate and click with who loves vegetarianism, is a runner (I probably could of made it to the Olympics in running, but decided it was a waste of my talents) is a writer like I was almost going to be, is a teacher of sorts, like me,..... Etc. We both don't have a lot of time for this sorta thing, so it's kinda a now or never situation.

Time is short for socializing when you're actualizing.  Who here has completely given up drinking and how do you deal with situations like this?

Edited by StarfoxEpiphany

Firstly using derogatory language by labelling women who drink as "drunk bitches" is highly sexist, judgmental and inflammatory. My advise to you about that is to keep it to yourself or amongst your fellow male friends who don't care.

Putting that aside I will say that the road less travelled can be a lonely road. 

If for company you cannot find a wise and prudent friend who leads a good life, then, like a king who leaves behind a conquered kingdom, or like a lone elephant in the elephant forest, you should go your way alone.

Better it is to live alone; there is no fellowship with a fool. Live alone and do no evil; be carefree like an elephant in the elephant forest.

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.

1. @Xpansion

Just resonating to the PA's (well, there's really no such thing as pickup art, it's really just pickup logic for programming nerds) on that one and I'll call it as I see it.  There's nothing to respect in a drunk bitch, and *yawn* drunk assholes as well.  Feel better? It's not sexist if I call out both men and women.

I don't think this road has to be lonely. Does anyone remember in high school when you would develop, socialize, and do awesome things like after school clubs with your friends, sober.  It was a lot more fun than getting wasted or popping ecstasy. Does anyone remember what it was like to explore sober sex with your first high school girlfriend/boyfriend?

I'm re-strategizing. I prefer the lusciousness of a sober woman.

Strategy: nasty, sweaty sex, an hour after I meet sober women that can actually complement my actualization and enlightenment path. My ego has its reasons

/Rant

@StarfoxEpiphany

So basically, you went out once to a bar and you're complaining about drunk women... I mean, the majority of women in a nightclub aren't even properly drunk. Sure they've had a drink or two but they're not bamboozled. Don't be so quick to accept stereotypical models of reality. Go out a few more times. I would be amazed if you can't find sober women in the club.  

Addressing another point: be wary of judging other people. Yes, people who drink regularly will likely be lower consciousness than you as will most of society because nobody but us seekers/self-dev junkies work on consciousness. Point is, judging kills the vibe and dims the radiance of your presence. So stop it. Open yourself up to having fun, make it your main intention throughout the night and see where you can go from there. 

I never drank when I went out. Drinking is counter-productive to growth.

Again, watch out for your projections.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@J. M. Wigglesworth At clubs, I find people in particular to be kinda rude and obnoxious. Like the girls in the clubs, half drunk, usually only go for the guys who act cocky and a-holeish or are rich and snobby, and have meaningless status, and also the girls there aren't really looking for a deep passionate relationship, they are just looking for some titilation.

And when I'm at a club, if people want to get from 1 place to another, they don't say 'excuse me' they full on push you to the other side of the disco to get to the place they want.

Then you have the Alpha male/Ape like fights that go on every night, started because 1 guy decided to pick up a chick that another guy liked.(I've been involved in 1, but I chose not to fight because I couldn't really afford to have a criminal record)

Then you have drunk people spilling their beer all over your clothes, making the ground sticky

And then finally you have the extremely loud music making you deaf. 

And a the end of the day, for punishment for having such a great night, you are rewarded with a hang over, ringing ears, and a feeling of hollowness for wasting your time in such an unsatisfactory environment.

Honestly, is this the best environment for picking up a chick? I know plenty of people who are in a relationship with a girl they met at a shop or concert, rather than a club. 

Edited by electroBeam

18 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

At clubs, I find people in particular to be kinda rude and obnoxious

Shit tests, possibly? Honestly, people just want to have fun at a club. That's the whole point. As the rest of your post states, the club is a very, very unpleasant environment and I don't deny that.

20 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

And a the end of the day, for punishment for having such a great night, you are rewarded with a hang over, ringing ears, and a feeling of hollowness for wasting your time in such an unsatisfactory environment.

1. No drinks, no hangover.

2. Wear Earplugs. Seriously.

3. You can only blame the hollowness inside for failing to bring the party. 

23 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Honestly, is this the best environment for picking up a chick? I know plenty of people who are in a relationship with a girl they met at a shop or concert, rather than a club. 

If you're a beginner, then yes. Clubs have a large amount of women and anonymity so you aren't totally written off as a pickup creep. You don't get good by approaching less people. Also, dealing with the heinous environment lets you be able to approach anyone, anywhere.

Naturally, there's nothing wrong with meeting women elsewhere... but if you're trying to build pickup skill the club is a quality gym and comparitively, your day-to-day places are elementary school playgrounds. 

47 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

@J. M. Wigglesworth At clubs, I find people in particular to be kinda rude and obnoxious. Like the girls in the clubs, half drunk, usually only go for the guys who act cocky and a-holeish or are rich and snobby, and have meaningless status, and also the girls there aren't really looking for a deep passionate relationship, they are just looking for some titilation.

And when I'm at a club, if people want to get from 1 place to another, they don't say 'excuse me' they full on push you to the other side of the disco to get to the place they want.

Then you have the Alpha male/Ape like fights that go on every night, started because 1 guy decided to pick up a chick that another guy liked.(I've been involved in 1, but I chose not to fight because I couldn't really afford to have a criminal record)

Then you have drunk people spilling their beer all over your clothes, making the ground sticky

And then finally you have the extremely loud music making you deaf. 

This reminds me of the tale of the two travelers and the farmer...

A traveler came upon an old farmer hoeing in his field beside the road. Eager to rest his feet, the wanderer hailed the countryman, who seemed happy enough to straighten his back and talk for a moment.

"What sort of people live in the next town?" asked the stranger.

"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer, answering the question with another question.

"They were a bad lot. Troublemakers all, and lazy too. The most selfish people in the world, and not a one of them to be trusted. I'm happy to be leaving the scoundrels."

"Is that so?" replied the old farmer. "Well, I'm afraid that you'll find the same sort in the next town.

Disappointed, the traveler trudged on his way, and the farmer returned to his work.

Some time later another stranger, coming from the same direction, hailed the farmer, and they stopped to talk. "What sort of people live in the next town?" he asked.

"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer once again.

"They were the best people in the world. Hard working, honest, and friendly. I'm sorry to be leaving them."

"Fear not," said the farmer. "You'll find the same sort in the next town."

I find that people who don't like clubs/bars and haven't spent much time there tend to have an automatic negative stereotype of the people who visit them.

Something along the lines of: "They're just stupid jocks and sluts and drunks."

I sorta leaned towards that attitude 5 years ago when I was inexperienced. But having spent a lot of time visiting clubs/bars and interacting with 1000s of people in them, I can say that the people there represent a fairly average cross-section of society. Most people you find in a club/bar are not regulars. They're just like you. They're there on a Friday night once a month or once a year to hang out with their friends, celebrate a birthday party, celebrate a wedding, or blow off some steam from doing business. And girls like to go cause they get to let loose, socialize, and dance.

If you're introverted and don't have much clubbing experience, that will be difficult to understand.

Humans since the dawn of time have had the habit of gathering together around a fire, doing some drugs, playing some music, and letting loose after a long day of work. It's not a problem as long as it doesn't become a daily lifestyle.

@Leo Gura

So we're all on an agreement that drinking is waste of time, especially when you've been meditating regularly.

The thing I was mentioning during my hangover rant, is that it was really really weird fucking a drunk girl when I was sober, a couple days before I went out. I have plenty of experience in the field of clubbing, meeting and sleeping with women, etc.  I was just never into pick up art.

Like typical pickup logic dictates, the question has been dodged. Now, it's really not that important that you guys or Leo answers me on this, but the question is, 'what are you getting out of drunk girls?...when you're sober

Maybe I've just had a few bad experiences that tainted my view of it. I just found the alcohol made people rude/not really caring. Either way, OP my take on it is only go 2wice a month if you are like me and don't enjoy it as much. And only go to develop friendships you have and sex. If you want a relationship, you need to think in patterns rather than location. Try and develop your networking skills, and find chicks to date through connections. Its not as cold approached as clubbing, and because they are 'sober' and 'not letting loose' there's a chance that the sexual experience will be more thought out and fun. 

@electroBeam

It's certainly is more fun to have sex with sober girls when you're sober, and it's a much higher quality interaction too. Come to think of it, even when I used to get wasted, sober girls were much better than drunk girls

18 hours ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

How the hell can you even fuck drunk bitches?  And what the hell compels you fucking weirdos to go to bars and clubs, sober, to fuck drunk bitches? Leo is/was a massive offender.  Look at his 'How to be funny' video. Seriously Leo, "thousands of hours of this shit?" Wtf was wrong with you?

I'm having a hard time understand what your problem is with doing pick up except that you've inherently labeled it "weird", but I'll answer the question I think you were asking.

First off, if the only girls you're connecting with are the girls who are drunk bitches, you're doing something wrong. I did pickup sober, and so most girls I hit it off with were...drum roll please...mostly sober.

In fact, I LIKED when girls were sober because then that meant they would remember me if I got their number and take it more seriously. Drunk girls are a pain in the ass to deal with when it comes to logistics.

Why do you do pickup? Well I can't speak for everyone but I know for me I did it because I had no choice. Whatever strategy I had been using in past failed pretty badly and so I had to try something new. Trust me, it was traumatizing enough that there's NO WAY I would have done that if I didn't feel like I had to.

And yes, I don't know if I'd say 1000s of hours but at least 100s. You're carving out a new psychological identity for yourself as well as developing an entirely new skill set. That shit doesn't just happen over night.

18 hours ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

Do you guys/girls even like drinking? I don't really like it anymore. What do you do when people you love being with offer you to get wasted? 

Nope, I very rarely if ever drink anymore. What I do is I just don't do it. I've got enough social experience, mostly from pickup, that I don't need to be wasted in order to have a good time with people. Own it and no one will question it twice.

@aurum Awesome, thank you for the response. 

So we're in agreement that not only is drinking a waste of time, but drunk girls are a pain in the ass, and it's more important to have high quality interactions with sober women.

The misjudgement I made is that PUAs go around sober targeting wasted girls.  Which to me, is not the same, but still going in the direction of; pulling pussy at a special-ed class. Which, you can see, would be deeply disturbing.

6 minutes ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

Awesome, thank you for the response

You're welcome.

6 minutes ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

So we're in agreement that not only is drinking a waste of time, but drunk girls are a pain in the ass, and it's more important to have high quality interactions with sober women

I mean drink if you want...in the end it's all waste of time. But sure, it's not something I want to put my time towards.

I've got nothing against drunk girls either, they're just not ideal when trying to do pickup on a long term basis.

11 minutes ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

The misjudgement I made is that PUAs go around sober targeting wasted girls.  Which to me, is not the same, but still going in the direction of; pulling pussy at a special-ed class. Which, you can see, would be deeply disturbing.

Yeah it's definitely predatory sounding. When your game is bad, that's usually your only option. But for any guy I know with actual good game, that's not what he's doing.

2 hours ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

The misjudgement I made is that PUAs go around sober targeting wasted girls.

A girl being sober doesn't make pickup easier, it generally makes it harder.

When you really develop the skills and charm, you actually WANT girls who are sober, not drunk. Attracting sober girls is very easy when you know what you're doing. They aren't being attracted via coercion but seduction.

Girls get attracted to guys just as easily as guys get attracted to girls. You don't need to be drunk to get attracted to a girl, do you? Neither does she.

@Leo Gura

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When you really develop the skills and charm, you actually WANT girls who are sober, not drunk. Attracting sober girls is very easy when you know what you're doing. They aren't being attracted via coercion but seduction.

Girls get attracted to guys just as easily as guys get attracted to girls.

Skills? Do you mean pick up logic or like, artwork, you know, like being an actual electrician or a painter?

Because most of the time when I'm sober, as long as I haven't been smoking cigarettes or something, it's just flat out natural, and there's no skill involved that I'm actually conscious of, its more of a glow.

@StarfoxEpiphany

13 hours ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

Because most of the time when I'm sober, as long as I haven't been smoking cigarettes or something, it's just flat out natural, and there's no skill involved that I'm actually conscious of, its more of a glow.

Just because you have some natural ability doesn't mean there isn't skill to be gained. I sincerely hope you don't carry this mindset toward other domains of mastery because this is an extremely limiting paradigm. Social calibration, hooking, physicality, managing logistics, opening group sets (and opening in general), humor, closing strong and of course, sex- those are a few of the skills that apply to pickup. Look at some of RSDTodd's stuff on youtube. He's one of the more technically focused PUA out there.