caspex

What do I say to my sister?(6 years old)

5 posts in this topic

My sister is 6 years old. She, being a kid, asks a lot of questions. They have gotten quite existential and I am not sure how to answer them.

For eg. Just some hours ago before she fell asleep(currently 2:50 AM), she asked me, "How is a dog alive?" "How did we get here?" "How are you alive?" "Brother, I love you, but what does it mean to love?" 

Some other questions she has asked is, "How were we made?" "How are we able to eat?" 

I mean, how do I explain all this to her? I usually guide her attention to the fact that answers to external questions I can tell her, but for internal questions, she should find it out by herself internally because even if I told her answers to stuff like "How am I alive?" she wouldn't get it.

I try to be as transparent in these kinds of things as possible. She has started to question stuff like this because she has seen me do it and I have asked her some stuff myself. But thing is, is this really the right way to do it? It seems good to me, but what do you recommend? Could this lead to some problems growing up. Seems to me that it's good to develop a sense of asking good quality questions. 

This is sweet. Don’t get too technical with her obviously. She is 6. Give her space to find the answers herself. Inspire her to seek and tell her you love her. Not too much to think about here just give room and support. 

Tell her the truth. Which is that you have no clue. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

7 hours ago, Someone here said:

Tell her the truth. Which is that you have no clue. 

??

@Swarnim Thats cute man, be Happy you have such a smart sister