TheDao

Male and female identity is one of the biggest religions of our time

47 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Yarco said:

instead of taking it 1 step further to realizing you're the entire universe?

@Yarco I don't get that yet. I can't feel a stone but I can feel my body. So I tend to seperate on the basis of what I can feel.

33 minutes ago, Yarco said:

How come today it's fine for someone born a man to identify as a woman,But if someone said identified as an animal, or being made of pure love, they'd get laughed at?

People want to be themselves and might feel locked into certain behavior and seen as a certain way when identifying as a man or women. But identifying as an animal then you're not doing something productive or good for society. 

Edited by TheDao

4 minutes ago, Emerald said:

So, even though Yin and Yang in people is infinite on the absolute level. From the relative level, men tend to display more Yang traits and women more Yin traits as their natural set-point.

@Emerald Thanks but lets agree to disagree. We two are running in circles.

1 hour ago, TheDao said:

@Yarco I don't get that yet. I can't feel a stone but I can feel my body. So I tend to seperate on the basis of what I can feel.

It's possible to feel a stone as yourself.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Lucas-fgm Your evidence is flimsy. Cohen is an old fashioned researcher, desperate to find everything which fixes his worldview, his old fashioned ideas about men and women. These people we go on there whole lifes looking for the tiniest things to hold on to their paradigm, by very selectivly doing there research (or is it more activism). Its time for them to go on retirement. This is way more balanced:

Testorone Rex:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg23331151-200-unmaking-the-myths-of-our-gendered-minds/

Edited by TheDao

@Lucas-fgmEnvironment/culture is way more powerful than is given credit for.

Testosterone, so we’re told, is the very essence of masculinity, and biological sex is a fundamental force in our development. Not so, says psychologist Cordelia Fine, who shows, with wit and panache, that sex doesn’t create male and female natures. Instead, sex, hormones, culture and evolution work together in ways that make past and present gender dynamics only a serving suggestion for the future – not a recipe.

Testosterone Rex brings together evolutionary science, psychology, neuroscience and social history to move beyond old ‘nature versus nurture’ debates, and to explain why it’s time to unmake the tyrannical myth of Testosterone Rex

Edited by TheDao

There is some second, third and forth order stuff so to speak for sure when it comes to gender and how society/culture views it. This stuff can be molded easily like most societal constructs and can change quickly over a single generation, but there are deeper aspects to it (masculine/feminine) I'd say as well that have to do with both material science and the spiritual. 

Edited by Lyubov

5 hours ago, Lyubov said:

but there are deeper aspects to it

@Lyubov I find all those cultural malable aspects very deep and determining as well. It even leads for some people so locked in a certain gender to change to the other gender.