BipolarGrowth

Constructive Feedback for the Actualized Clips Channel

15 posts in this topic

The concept of the new channel is great, and hiring another person (editor) to further your work is a wise move. I hope you’re aware of the myriad of benefits of making similar moves in the future. This is the type of stuff which could allow for you to still generate the same value you are with your current and more solo approach while having more free time to work on extensive projects such as your book. 

I think much more could be done with this channel. You mentioned hiring an editor, but this isn’t really serious editing. A lot of potential value is lost by only turning your hours long talking head videos into less than ten minute talking head videos. Think bigger. The first logical step to improve this, in my opinion, would be to add relevant visual stimulation. A second, more optional, step could also be to then add appropriate music to the background in some videos. I’ll post an example of what this might look like below. You’ve certainly seen many videos of this style before. 

I guess the question is why did you make this second channel? You mentioned it being good because a lot of people can’t watch very long videos or that the length of your content has inherent limitations. 

This points pretty clearly to you having the intention to reach more people or make the content more accessible. It appears that you recognize that your content reaching more people or the same amount of people engaging with the content more frequently is ultimately a good thing. You’re making an effort to take a step closer to the student/consumer of the content by making it more likely for them to engage with what you’ve created by making shorter versions. 

These goals would find more success if the elements I mentioned at the beginning were present. 

I recognize that the channel is new. You might even have this planned. You’ve made it clear that you don’t wish to sacrifice quality for volume in your main channel’s videos in your last blog post. I think this principle is valuable for the new channel as well although volume would be more beneficial here than on your main channel. Adding the elements mentioned to these new videos would likely see the channel having a greater impact than a higher volume of talking head videos. 

Here are examples of the style of videos I’m talking about. It’s a wide range of possibilities, but the idea is something that is more stimulating. The first is probably too much for most of the videos, but a video like this done occasionally would be a good way to attract new viewers.

You can obviously scale back the visual elements compared to the first example. This is more of an extreme example as far as the amount of footage used and copyrighted sources of footage go. Simply adding some relevant images at appropriate times could make the videos more engaging. 

This video was done by the forum user Nahm. Halfway through and near the end some useful and stimulating visual elements are added. This is a good example showing how a combination of seeing Leo speak and seeing other relevant visual content could be beneficial. 

Another example which I think the visual and audio elements add a lot to

You’re doing amazing work with actualized.org. I only offer this feedback because of the immense value it has added to my existence. I wish to see this occur for more people, and your actions suggest that this is something you wish to happen as well. I’m aware that there is mild projection done on my part in this post regarding your motivations and goals which may or may not be accurate. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@BipolarGrowth I never liked those kinds of videos. 

They are like music videos there's a lot of stuff going on but if you look deeper there's nothing there. 

Plus we who have been used to watching just Leo for hours find it weird and distracting to have a lot pictures and music playing over him. 

I'm projecting tho so it might just be me. Can someone respond to this to see if im right? 

What I would change is the sound at the beginning.

It's too aggressive and loud. I wouldn't change the scissors just record a new sound that's more gentler and play around with speed. Faster cutting might be appropriate for the short clips but you are speaking slowly so idn. 

Edited by Opo

22 minutes ago, Opo said:

It's too aggressive and loud. I wouldn't change the scissors just record a new sound that's more gentler. 

A 1-2 sec ambient sound would be better. Scissors sound kind of cheap.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

20 minutes ago, Opo said:

@BipolarGrowth I never liked those kinds of videos. 

They are like music videos there's a lot of stuff going on but if you look deeper there's nothing there. 

Plus we who have been used to watching just Leo for hours find it weird and distracting to have a lot pictures and music playing over him. 

I'm projecting tho so it might just be me. Can someone respond to this to see if im right? 

It's too aggressive and loud. I wouldn't change the scissors just record a new sound that's more gentler. 

That was an extreme version as I mentioned. The point is that some visual elements could be added in. It doesn’t need to be on this level. Appropriate music adds a lot to the reach of this type of content oftentimes, but it’s just a suggestion. I

Of course the regular audience of actualized.org will not need this type of switch in many cases. It’s not for us mostly. We’re used to watching videos that are hours long. It’s to allow for this useful information to reach more people who are in the position to take interest and benefit from it. You cannot deny the greater appeal of this type of content for most people. It is statistically evident. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

14 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

That was an extreme version as I mentioned. The point is that some visual elements could be added in. It doesn’t need to be on this level. Appropriate music adds a lot to the reach of this type of content oftentimes, but it’s just a suggestion. I

Of course the regular audience of actualized.org will not need this type of switch in many cases. It’s not for us mostly. We’re used to watching videos that are hours long. It’s to allow for this useful information to reach more people who are in the position to take interest and benefit from it. You cannot deny the greater appeal of this type of content for most people. It is statistically evident. 

Do you have an example of a video like that? 

The logo of the scissors is fat and short it doesn't suit you. 

Maybe something like this. 

Tajika_Nalata_Blackened_Scissors_Large_Featured_large.jpg

e6a635266e295fbaaa72c77f03774497.jpg

61D3HbtZEUL._AC_SY450_.jpg

the-putter-picture-1-600x399.jpg

cat_387.jpg

004e1def3b5549ae4a84fa099e4fbb4a.jpg

3a8c283c2aded4a1fee4075c777528e2.jpg

Edited by Opo

Y'know... Leo mentioned in his motivational speech video he thought he'd release more motivational videos, but there's just so much content.
Still, there's quite some emotional and inspirational clips one could clip from Leo's longer videos, where he becomes passionate, even cries.

Actualized, motivational clips! xD to keep us on track.

Miracle:    Impossible from an old understanding of reality, but possible from a new one.

How about we start a thread/forum kinda like the Leo Video Recommendations Sub-forum, but for Recommending clips, sorted by video. (May help the editor)

Miracle:    Impossible from an old understanding of reality, but possible from a new one.

1 hour ago, Opo said:

scissors

actualized_scissors.pngFusing the logo with the scissors :D

2 hours ago, Opo said:

Do you have an example of a video like that? 

See about halfway through and near the end. Everyone seems to be fixated on that first video example. I tried to explain that it does not need to be that extreme, but that format has proven to be incredibly successful on YouTube and other major video sharing platforms. More visual stimulation can be something as simple as showing an image to represent a key word such as infinity which Leo has given image examples of in the past. 

Here’s another example which is from a philosophy-focused channel which has seen a lot of growth in much part due to the visual stimulation given. People say they don’t want distraction. I personally am not distracted at all from following the ideas presented here due to the visual or audio components added. I imagine many of the viewers also feel little to no distraction. 

Here’s an example of a video with lovely editing that brought me to tears back when I was way into the materialist paradigm:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9D05ej8u-gU

Now imagine Leo’s content with even deeper insights and the same type of edits that can grab the attention of those not yet ready to seek out the spiritual path for themselves.

17 minutes ago, Opo said:

@BipolarGrowth @Willie These types of videos aren't for me but obviously by the number of views I'm a minority. 

I understand that it’s clickbaity and the visuals and background music can be distracting. If you’re more interested in the message, that type of video should be avoided. Back then, for me, it was a perfect blend of eye-catching video, profound message, and a lovely song that got me hooked. I proceeded to binge watch other Neil Degrasse Tyson YouTube videos for a few years after that, regardless of length or lack of editing.