Someone here

Transcending desires.

49 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

@Dodo yea I don't buy this..

When you're dead you're dead and that's it. Probably. Or we don't know. I'm stuck in nihilism. not in some psychotic manic depression right now my anxiety is actually relatively low and I'm very calm/even if you were to see me talk or behave in real life. But this terror is still there. I'm staring at death. Complete impermanence. Staring at the complete futility and absolute meaninglessness of everything. It's not going anywhere.. it's not doing anything. There's no goals..no ambitionsmm ..no hope..it's just this. The meaninglessness.. The fact that the meaninglessness is absolutely irrefutable. Pointless. The step ahead is complete self annihilation and the fear holds me back. It involves sacrificing everything . Absolutely everything. My sanity... my connection to my family.. but most of all me me me . 

Some say God loves you so much she recreates your image every second so as to look at you. So in a sense by looking at this idea, we go out of existence and into existence every second by the hand of God (not Maradona ;p)  so we die every moment.

What if Heaven is real? Nihilism is a kind of hell. It is also based on assumptions. It is really not the natural state to be nihilistic. Life being free of meaning is just the canvas being empty. You can now put paint on it. 

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

5 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

@Someone here yes but meaninglessness is also meaningless. I don't blame you though. It took me many years of suffering to just return to "normal". I think the only problem is that we take things too seriously. I'm just going to enjoy life i don't care about serious insights. Why even play a game if you can't have fun? 

Because hedonism is a trap. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here i'm not talking about hedonism but to be afraid of being hedonistic is also a trap. Usually there is a middle way. Whatever someone happens to realize there is still this life here that needs to be lived. Nihilism is also a big trap. 

9 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

@Someone here i'm not talking about hedonism but to be afraid of being hedonistic is also a trap. Usually there is a middle way. Whatever someone happens to realize there is still this life here that needs to be lived. Nihilism is also a big trap. 

Every ism is a trap ? we need to be empty of isms.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

2 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Every ism is a trap ? we need to be empty of isms.

You mean emptyism? ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@BlackMaze I'm not advocating nihilism.. Nor am I saying it's the "right" way to live. There is no right or wrong way to live. I'm just in that nihilistic mode right now and that's all. It's what it is. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Nihilism is also just another meaning.  The mind is quick to urn meaninglessness and interpret it as a lack of meaning and it has a specific kind of charge.

That's not what it means. Meaninglessness simply means - meaning does not exist. It's a concept created by the mind to assign value to things.

On 22.4.2021 at 4:46 PM, Someone here said:

I mean when yo die its light off forever. So it will be as if you never even existed. That makes all your striving In life futile. 

No I'm saying nothing needs to happen In Order for you to be satisfied. Because you will never be satisfied with "things" because they are finite and limited and you go on chasing them forever and you never satisfy your desire. 

You never escape desire while in an embodied form and maybe even never escape it beyond that. You merely change from one desire to another. My solution to tackling lower desires that might be detrimental to you is to taste the elegance of the highest experience or realization. Then you will naturally focus on that.. and your life will have more net positivity than negativity. Of course the highest experience isn’t some heroin high. It’s God. Experience God.. and you will want to experience more. This will slowly reduce your desires for everything else. I can’t even give a shit about playing video games when I literally used almost every free moment of my teenage years playing games. Making money doesn’t interest me nearly as much. The same can be said for sex and everything else. They have all become secondary or even lower on the priority list. 

I have no answers to those metaphysical questions. I don't claim to know that.  All I know and I'm aware of is that all there is.. Is the present moment. This experience right now is all of reality. And it has no explanation and no previous causes. It's 100 % mystical. I've contemplated and deeply deconstructed reality to the point where I'm beginning to be on the cusp of loosing control and going insane. So don't bare with me if you like lol 

You assume metaphysical properties and speak on behalf of them at the time while simultaneously saying you do not, almost each sentence of yours throughout is like this.

No wonder you go mad. 

Edited by Reciprocality

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?