Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SLuxy

European Super League (ESL), & Spiral dynamics

13 posts in this topic

What are people's opinions regarding the European Super League (ESL) in Football/ Soccer, and Spiral Dynamics?

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz

This is much bigger than the sport of football. It's about billionaires monopolizing everything they wish to and getting away with it. And now they're splitting up the world of football apart completely and it has huge ramifications. No player that partakes in the league will be allowed to play in future world cups or other tournaments.

Such will tend to happen when we live in a system that allows there to be billionaires in the first place. 

This all feels very dystopian to me.  

I completely agree. It is a shitshow. Being 9th place in the PL (arsenal) and having the privilege to play with top teams like real madrid and barcelona just because you have money. This is totally wrong and I hope these teams will get banned or relegated for this. Hope uefa and fifa are up to the job and won't be bribed by oil, american or russian gas money. ( Most of the owners of football clubs are foreign billionaires) 

I am very disappointed in all of this. Respect to the german teams for not joining this shitshow.

Edited by Radu97

Now, consider this from a Yellow perspective.

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

6 hours ago, SLuxy said:

Now, consider this from a Yellow perspective.

A stage yellow perspective would recognize this as stage orange greed and even stage red ego-centric power hunger. It would also recognize that football is about community so it needs to be looked at from stage green rather than yellow. Nothing good comes out of forming this league, simple as that. 

This is my first post in a forum, outside of YouTube's comment-field .
     I don't watch the beautiful game as much as I used to, but it really hurts me to see my former team, Man United do this. The history and love those teams gathered from fans is immeasurable.
     In our post religious society does those teams kind of substitute that Sunday church experience many people got from attending service. Slogans like You never walk alone carries deep meaning for people in those areas. And for some rich, pragmatic and careless owner/owner's to only see €  pounds, and dollars makes me sad. 
    I knew somewhere in the back of my head that stage orange greed was on the way to destroy or monetise football . Im not surprised, but Im still shocked and disappointed if that makes sense. 

@ArcticMasai This was in a sense a good wake-up call for UEFA and FIFA since they've held the monopoly on football for decades but at least it's an open competition compared to ESL. The world's largest sport almost got robbed in bright daylight by American billionaires which is so utterly insane. This system that sustains and allows billionaires must be eradicated as soon as possible. 

The germans have it figured out where fans own 51% of the club and so nothing happens unless it's agreed upon by the majority. 

@ArcticMasai  welcome to the forum, although I'm not a footie fan I can see the huge devotion it has and benefit to young people. It seems that the stage orange corporates will exploit people's loyalty and emotional attachments - just look what happens if you stay with the same utility supplier for too long!  I'd suggest voting with your feet and supporting a different team instead but no doubt that's totally misunderstanding how sports fans feel :S  

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

22 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

@ArcticMasai The world's largest sport almost got robbed in bright daylight by American billionaires which is so utterly insane. 

America bad. ?

@Opo Sarcasm?

19 minutes ago, SLuxy said:

@Opo Sarcasm?

Yes. ? Wink wink

I grew up in a small town. To have a club in those places you had father's cutting the grass on weekends. You had mother set up stales to sale hot-dogs and sweets during the grown ups team. The kids sold lottery tickets and everybody took turns to drive to the location where the children played their match.
     You hear the sports pundits talking about grassroots and that how many club's I guess starts, on the initiative of many people.
     @fridjonk  You're right, the Germans really had foresight on monetisation and ownership structures. Germany is still one of the larger leagues that have affordable tickets for their highest division. Im not against money in sports, but everyone suspects that the current level of player purchases and salaries was going to be unsustainable. 
    Thanks for the welcome @snowyowl .  

Watch the whole thing please, Kaveh Solhekol talks about stage orange american business men (course he doesn't know he's referring to spiral dynamics), talks how they might use left wing pr tactics to sell this and even on how it is necessary for government to intervene like Leo was referring to on his video why libertarian is nonsense