Enlightenment

At what point it's too much photo editing for online dating?

9 posts in this topic

A while ago I made an online dating account with one normal selfie and gotten a few matches in a few weeks. Now I took the same selfie and morphed it (50/50) with a very good looking model and I got more matches within the first few hours than a few weeks with an untouched selfie + hot women messaging me first which was quite shocking tbh. It's a weird feeling cause that photo is 50% my face

Most women on dating apps use some form of photo editing like Instagram filters, build-in beauty camera mode. Of course, I'm aware 50% morph is too much but I wonder what is still a reasonable edit. Are filters ok? Beauty mode camera? 25% morph? Photoshopping a picture just a little bit?

Where would you draw the line? Or do you think any photo filters/edit is a no-no?

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Go pick up face to face. If you are asking this question, online is not for you.

5 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

Where would you draw the line? Or do you think any photo filters/edit is a no-no?

Edit is ok. IMO the line is when you feel this is catfishing. Catfishing people tends to end badly.

@Enlightenment Use photoshop and it is all good as long as it does not appear to be photo shopped. Most good looking guys on Tinder use it to some extent to give themselves an edge. So use it to go from a 6.5 to a 7 for example. Do not try to become a 10 with it, the gap is too big and will create issues once you meet in person.

@EnlightenmentBlog Why you all hate online dating so much LOL. Everyone should try it and if it works then stick with it, if not then talk in person more. If you are social person (as you should be) you will encounter girls anyway in your everyday life so you will not even need to go out specifically for pick up.

Just use common sense. How much photo editing for girls do you think it's okay? Apply that to yourself.

What is your purpose for using those dating apps?

one day this will all be memories

21 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

Why you all hate online dating so much LOL.

Nowhere did I say anything remotely close to that. I said it's probably not for you since you complain you're dry.

4 hours ago, kag101 said:

What is your purpose for using those dating apps?

Getting laid or getting a girlfriend which is even less likely than getting laid with my autistic mind

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Dry selfies won't cut it. Gotta go out of your way to create amazing pictures that captivate her attention and makes her curious enough to swipe right. The whole point is to differentiate yourself from everyone else. Selfies, even as an attractive guy is not good enough. You want to show her you have something going on in your life.

Its very relative, online dating is certainly an area of mastery, a friend of mine catfished girls and when meeting them irl he was very honest about it and he still got laid that way.

It depends on your level of integrity and how you feel by abusing photo editing, if you feel guilty about it then its not generally a good idea since they will pick up on this.

The best way would obviously be to take interesting pictures with a dslr, but since not everyone can do this, you have two options:

You either be integrous, take the best photos you can (not selfies) and keep the Photoshop use to a minimum, like for example, fixing the beard, hair, skin, lightning, shadows and highlights, etc. This is great if you want a relationship.

Otherwise just get some photos of people online that have a body similar to you and Photoshop your face on it, you can do this on people doing surf, rock climbing, doctors, vets, and so on, this is great if you want to get laid, not so good for a relationship.

Another way to take this to another level is to get followers on instagram, make it private, and put your username on your dating profile, at least in my case it was the difference between 10 matches in one day, to 50, and i only have around 1400 followers.

Its easy to get lost and start photo editing like crazy, girls will give you a lot of attention and be sexual right off the bat, the important thing is to not lose track of what you wanted in the first place.