krockerman

The false rape problem

186 posts in this topic

I want to start this off by saying that we will be looking I will be looking at this from both sides

First of all, rape is probably one of the most disgusting acts of evil a man can ever commit, with that said:

there is a deeper issue around the court system. I see many females posting an image on Instagram of how many rapists in society we have, how many get reported, how many go to court, and how many are put in jail. where are the men in jail are a huge minority compared to all the other rapist. It also states that falsely accused men are less than 1%

The problem is you can never actually know that, It could be true but if you don't actually can prove it you can't post it as a fact. There has become a trend that makes it seem that so many men get away with rape. And that if you bring up the problem of false accusation you are branded as a rape apologist

We have a court system for a reason. If you can't prove it then there is not much that can't be done

Someone I know got falsely accused and even considered suicide a couple of years ago. They were sober, She never said no and they hung out after

I have heard stories of a man that got accused of rape when he was in another country on the date the reported case happened. 

Ofc there is another side of rapist men who get away with rape due to the lack of evidence.

My question will the issue of rape ever be solved because it's so hard to disprove. 9/10 women would probably never do this. 

But if we are gonna treat every man who rapes as a rapist then the number of false accusations will skyrocket and so many men's lives will be ruined. Then rape will start to be something that people are gonna take less seriously 

And what should we defy as rape? if a girl consent before and under sex but then regrets it should that be called rape?

Where does the line go? I have had female friends of men who were pushy with sex and did psychological damage. But Leo has said that men should have a determined mindset and it's natural for women to have objections until sex

Is it right to put 1 real rapist in jail and an innocent man? or let them both go where the rapist would harm two other women? What is the right thing? I hope we can have a constructive conversation about this issue

Edited by krockerman

7 minutes ago, krockerman said:

My question will the issue of rape ever be solved

What would a "solution" even look like to you?

With any type of crime there are guilty people who go free and a (probably a much smaller) number of innocent people who are convicted. It seems to me that the key movement towards reform in today's society concerns the fact that so many men who are in fact guilty of rape, sexual assault, sexual harassment, and sexual coercion never face any consequences for their actions. In fact, the entire MeToo movement, for example, provided a plethora of examples of men acting badly.

Is it the case that taking a "tougher" prosecutorial stance on these issues is likely to lead to an at least marginally greater likelihood that innocent men are acquitted, either in a court of law or in the court of public opinion? Yes, of course. The same would be true of an effort to be tougher on drug use, on property crime, on white collar crime, etc. But again the issue is of the tradeoffs involved. The calculation society is making, which I personally agree with by the way, is that sexual crimes against women have been so grossly under-reported and under-prosecuted that it is worth the risk that some (again, probably small) number of men are deemed to be guilty when they either aren't as guilty as they have been deemed or are possibly even innocent.

Lastly, one huge intention of all of these movements is to shift our cultural understanding of consent. The idea is that many of these sexual violations of women occurred because our pre-existing ideas around consent are toxic, unfair, put the onus on woman, or are simply murky. By raising the standards around consent we can expect fewer violations by men, a greater sense of empowerment among women, and more prosecution of sexual violations.

One thing that causes complications in many aspects of the rape issue is the attrition rate.

Only a small minority of those who commit criminal offences get sentenced for committing the offences.

In many countries the attrition rate (Criminal offences committed for which the relevant parties are sentenced: criminal offences committed for which the relevant parties are not sentenced) is below 1/ 10.

One interpretation of those statistics is that there is a systematic issue with the criminal justice system in relation to sentencing.

It is likely that one aspect of the low rape offence sentencing ratio issue is the attrition rate.

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz

This topic is so triggering. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Just now, Preety_India said:

This topic is so triggering. 

It's a hard topic I know. But we need to talk about it otherwise we will never solve it

@krockerman no. It's triggering. 

Try to be polite about it. Consider real rape victims and don't downplay real suffering. 

According to statistics only 5% of rapes are false accusations. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Just now, Preety_India said:

Try to be polite about it. Consider real rape victims and don't downplay real suffering. 

I did if you read my post. I have spoken to females that have gotten damaged from men who pushed them into sex. I will never downplay their suffering. Ofc it's good that rape is highlighted so we can solve it. The metoo moment had alot of positive effects of highlighting abuse. But everyting ins reality has both good and positive effects. The reason why I am talking about this is to bring up the other side. The suffering of the men who get's falsely accused like my friend who almost committed suicde. why is it triggering to bring up his suffering. I am not here to blame anyone I want constructive solotions. If you have than I am more than happy to hear it :)

Just now, Rilles said:

The problem is that how can we know? what did those statistics base their data on? Do I think that most rape accusations are real? Yes. 

The problem is that it's impossible to know. 

Edited by krockerman

6 minutes ago, Rilles said:

5% is kinda a lot. 

Just now, Opo said:

5% is kinda a lot. 

I am not even saying that it's more or less. It could very well be the case. 

17 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

It's not a zero sum game. Just because you care about men who got falsely accused does not mean that you don't care about rape victims. Rape can ruin the life of a women but so can false rape 

If we don't see both sides we will never find balance. And balance is one of fundemtal things about reality

Edited by krockerman

13 minutes ago, Opo said:

5% is kinda a lot. 

Of course it should be dealt with, but calling it the "False rape problem" seems to be blowing it out of proportion, the real problem is rape culture. Plus, it is way worse to be raped than to be accused of being a rapist. 

Edited by Rilles

Just now, Rilles said:

Of course it should be dealt with, but calling it the "False rape problem" seems to be blowing it out of proportion, the real problem is rape culture. Plus, it is way worse to be raped than to be accused of being a rapist. 

You are maybe right. But I did not called it the false rape culture. Because it is not. it's about a small number of women we are talking about. But even then a small group can cause alot of harm. I am not here to blame anyone but to find a systemic solution

3 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Thank you for the support. 

4 minutes ago, Rilles said:

the real problem is rape culture. 

I don't think that if the rape culture disappeared the accusations would too. They seem like separate problems. 

Just now, Opo said:

I don't think that if the rape culture disappeared the accusations would too. They seem like separate problems. 

Yes. But there are some correlations. We are not here to discuss what is worse. Both are horrible

How is a false rape accusation even related to rape? 

6 minutes ago, Opo said:

Sorry, I didnt mean to say they are the same, I meant rape culture is a problem that is more serious, a small handful of misandrist women that falsely accuse men I see as a smaller problem. 

Just now, Rilles said:

Sorry, I didnt mean to say they are the same, I meant rape culture is a problem that is more serious, a small handful of misandrist women that falsely accuse men I see as a smaller problem. 

Did we ever say that false rape is a bigger problem? 

Edited by krockerman