Preety_India

What are the sources of motivation?

11 posts in this topic

Trying to think so hard on this. And no clue. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India Think of all the things you want and visualize them put your emotion into it and think and then think about what will happen if you dont believe in yourself .Then at  the very least try  to get them....I'm sure you'll achieve it though ? 

I still suck at this 

I really want to know 

:x

Edited by DIDego
Have no motivation to argue.

Please don't derail this thread. This is crazy. 

I'm asking different sources and ways to motivate.. 

And now the argument is whether motivation is legitimate or not? 

This is a great example of how to completely sidetrack what the OP is trying to accomplish. 

Preferring work that aligns with personal values and allows people to help others.

Typically motivated by vision and inspiration and want to engage with projects and causes that feel important.

INFP.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Well, the source of motivation generaly depends on your level of awareness, for example, if you have a very antagonistic world view in which you have to be better than others, your motivation will be pride, doing everything possible to be better than others and to win on everyway possible. We can do the same for desire, if you have a strong sexual desire this will fuel your motivation to do the activities that will lead to the satisfaction of that desire. In this sense, the source of motivation is a relative notion based on your current understanding of reality, we can say this varies acording to your genetics, upbringing, social context, and so forth. But going deeper the true source of motivation i believe is to love yourself, all we want is to love ourselves, we are just indirect and unconscious about it and create this limitations "I'll only love myself if i have this person, or this object" and so forth.

Based on my personal experience, the most powerful source of motivation is being and acting in alignment with your desires. 

Other things that come to mind: pushing yourself a bit out of your comfort zone every day, developing a healthy discipline, having a vision of the life you would like to create/live, letting go of conditioned limiting beliefs, etc.