Bando

What foods should I eat when I'm sick?

8 posts in this topic

Recently woke up with with a pounding headache 2 days ago which has slowly progressed into full body soreness, sometimes feeling cold and exhausted throughout the day. I suspect that this is just body fatigue as ive been woking out hard in the gym but have have been getting poor sleep (around 5-6 hrs a night).

I was wondering besides getting more rest is there any foods I can eat to help speed up the recover process? 

I make a healing elixir... make some hot water and add some fresh chopped ginger, the juice of 1 lemon + lemon slice, 1/2 spoonful of cayenne pepper, 1/2 spoonful cinnamon

Istead of eating foods to help the recovery I think it's more important to remove the foods that slow it down. 

Start with basic stuff. Remove sugar, flour and vegetable oils. Then see how you feel. 

For me when I eat shit like this I sleep a lot longer. 

2 hours ago, Bando said:

Would like to get @Michael569 take on this as well

Sounds like you are coming down with flu (maybe you even caught covid). Nothing to worry about but monitor for very high fever (over 39 degrees celsius) Warm vegetable soups, lots of fruits and vegetable juices. Avoid most protein-rich foods, junk food and sugarEat mostly light, small portions. Sleep a lot, avoid exercising but get some fresh air daily at least by opening windows.  If you want you can also fast through it on some vegetable juices. You could also get an echinacea tincture, 50mg of zinc citrate and start getting your vitamin D in check unless you are taking it already. Generally if your symptoms are mild-to moderate you are fine. 

Other things that can help are warm drinks containing some ginger, lemon and raw honey. If you can tolerate it I would advise against using pharmaceuticals unless you are in a state of emergency

Note if you start experiencing difficulty breathing and extreme fever, seek out medical emergency assistance

If your symptoms prevail over 48-72 hours, call an ambulanc

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Thanks for the advice guys definitely going to try some of this stuff out

I red that if you have bacterial infection fasting is helpful. If it is a virus it might not be a good idea.

Edited by Username

The same healthy food you should be eating when you are not sick ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.