Zion

Curious Meta Question

4 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Why is it that the various feelings & intuitions you speak about throughout your videos, are labeled as they are? For example, why is truth labeled as truth? Is there no better label that can be used? Why do you label that feeling as “truth”, & not something else? Why do you label that other feeling as “god”, & not something else? I feel it may be important to know why you've labeled them the way you have.

Because these labels represent as accurately as possible things Leo talks about to as many people as possible. Labels don't matter, they only point to what is important. Like the finger pointing to the moon analogy. You can use whatever labels you like, but choosing the most descriptive and easy to associate ones is always better.

@Zion

19 hours ago, Zion said:

@Leo Gura Why is it that the various feelings & intuitions you speak about throughout your videos, are labeled as they are? For example, why is truth labeled as truth? Is there no better label that can be used? Why do you label that feeling as “truth”, & not something else? Why do you label that other feeling as “god”, & not something else? I feel it may be important to know why you've labeled them the way you have.

I haven't made any video, other than a 2 min video of a selfie a few years back, yet I'm aware I bring to mind that moment of filming, in a dim lite room, and speaking in the English language I have grown up listening, writing, speaking and reading in, to use as a vehicle to make a short point. I bring to mind those few phrases, with my expressions, and am getting aware that certain words I phrased, when I mean them, are far entangled with my life experiences than what is meant in their dictionary definitions, even though my mind does connect them to definitions, my mind far more connects with images, sounds and feelings experienced and remembered, and the harder meanings I emphasis with my body. I'm also aware, as I'm typing, how hard it is to type properly instead of with a few fingers, and I start remembering times I used to find it more difficult in the past. While reading the 2 question, I apply more mindfulness, and see that I make sense of this question when my mind both remembers and imagines in images, the why is like a detective or philosopher, asking the reasoning of why this is a weapon? With truth, I make sense of it with some image of science, brain, big bang or some logical symbols in math, and the word label, as a plastic label. How I make sense of this object's self reference, is seeing the plastic label, containing an image of big bang, or brain, or the word 'truth, replaced and super imposed with another image exactly like it. Along side it, a plane with the reflection of that object, is another way my mind makes sense of this question, with a visual answer. A phonetic answer would be copying the mysterious sound back. I also am getting more aware that this really depended on my frequency of using this language, in conjunction to the life experiences I internalized.

The third question, I sense begs the question, to look for more definitions or words similar to truth, to find better wording, but I sense this will take a lot of reading to articulate accurately what you want, in terms of English wording. The 4 question, my mind both brings to mind a feeling of certainty, after my action pushed an object to the correct direction, and a positive emotion, as signs of feeling a truth. There's a feeling of more security, confidence and happiness, emotionally, that both of being right, and the truth being there. The 5 question I sense a incongruency in it, following from question 4. Visually, an image of God, an old man on the clouds, comes to mind, along with some wind or thundering, and a feeling of air pressures. Yet, this as a feeling is inaccurate, because there's less feelings of security, confidence and happiness with that image of God compared to the feelings of higher certainty, security and confidence in the big bang and brain. Yet, both largely are second hand, I haven't seen an old man on a cloud directly, and the brain directly, probably due to the increase in volume and internalization of the later images. I also am aware of my gradual lack of labels, due to how abstract and fluid mental labels are, as there are multiple languages to describe one object. 

@Oliver Saavedra

14 hours ago, Oliver Saavedra said:

Why not? 

How my mind makes sense of this why not question, is mostly negative. There are scenarios I see saying why not, from opening a door, to beating down someone that annoys, to doing a daily habit that's new, to not meditate a day. Why not as sounds, are either quiet weak sounds, to positing an absence of them, and the mind voice does not like this possibility. In feelings, they range from apathy, to grief and fear. a decrease in pressure, or the absence of a touch, also comes up.

@EnlightenmentBlog

14 hours ago, EnlightenmentBlog said:

Because these labels represent as accurately as possible things Leo talks about to as many people as possible. Labels don't matter, they only point to what is important. Like the finger pointing to the moon analogy. You can use whatever labels you like, but choosing the most descriptive and easy to associate ones is always better.

Although, labels depend on the volume and repetition externally and internally, to makes sense of a thing, I also realize that culture plays a big role in building up this moment of getting the pointing to make sense, a direction to makes sense, and an object like the moon to make sense.