Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
r0ckyreed

Water Fast & Overall Nutrition Question - I am a Noob

12 posts in this topic

From watching Leo's blog video on Water Fast & Nutrition, it really inspired me to take more action on my diet and to stop eating junk food.

He also said that many of the foods are contaminated with pesticides, metals, etc.  

I am a noob to diet, as my family just buys food from Walmart or local grocery stores.  

What are some ways that I can obtain healthy food?  I thought about growing my own garden with tomatoes, potatoes, mushrooms, green beans, etc.

Also, I thought about doing a water or blueberry smoothy fast, but I feel like I am already close to being underweight.  I am 6ft tall and weigh 145 lbs, so I think fasting is not such a good idea for me.

My main concern is that I would like to clean up my diet, and I am not sure where to start.  My main reason is because the diet I do now may contribute to long-term problems.

My current diet is the following:

1. I eat one spoonful of Jiff peanut butter and honey a day

2. I eat waffles a few times a week

3. I eat sunny-side-up eggs every day

4. I eat bananas and apples every day

5. I eat spaghetti, pizza, ribs, stake, salmon, every once in a while (once every 2 or 3 weeks)

6. I eat cookies and cream ice cream about every day

7. I eat salads (iceberg lettuce and carrots with ranch dressing)

8. I eat chili about every day

9. I only drink water or blueberry smoothies.

I would appreciate any suggestions.  Thank you!

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

yeah, don't fast yet. keep that as your hidden ace.

fix #5 and #6 asap. they are easily the worst offenders on your list

It's Love.

See my video: How To Shop For Healthy Food

Your #1 priority should be to eliminate all processes foods and sugar.

Even if you shop at Walmart, that's not so bad if you buy fruits and veggies. Don't buy anything in a box or anything with added sugars, or anything baked or anything with added vegetable oil.

Waffles, pizza, cookies, baked goods, ice cream -- these are all highly processed and toxic foods that you should never eat again.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura 

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

See my video: How To Shop For Healthy Food

Your #1 priority should be to eliminate all processes foods and sugar.

Even if you shop at Walmart, that's not so bad if you buy fruits and veggies. Don't buy anything in a box or anything with added sugars, or anything baked or anything with added vegetable oil.

Waffles, pizza, cookies, baked goods, ice cream -- these are all highly processed and toxic foods that you should never eat again.

Thank you!  I saw your vegetable soup and blueberry smoothy videos.   I will check out that video "how to shop for healthy food."  

I have a question: What is your diet?  Like could you please name me some of your healthy meals that you usually make and/or like to eat?  

Thank you!  I got your booklist so I will try to read up more on the nutrition section of your list.

1 hour ago, RendHeaven said:

yeah, don't fast yet. keep that as your hidden ace.

fix #5 and #6 asap. they are easily the worst offenders on your list

Thank you! Will do lol!  I am fortunate that I am currently in good health and shape.  I totally take it for granted like Leo mentions in the water fast video.

Btw: I am taking the second dose of the pfizer vaccine tomorrow.  I hear the second dose kicks you in the butt. 

What ideal weight do you all recommend I obtain before water fasting?  I am 145 lbs, 6ft tall, age 24, I am in perfect health thus far in my life.  I do not plan on water fasting any time soon.  It will probably be a hidden ace I will have for later in life, assuming I live longer and gain weight.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

My diet is not relevant to you because I have unique healthy conditions and some disorders.

I also change my diet a lot as I test various things.

The healthiest diet for most people is plant based whole foods.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

My diet is not relevant to you because I have unique healthy conditions and some disorders.

I also change my diet a lot as I test various things.

Thank you! Much appreciated! :D 

1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

blueberry smoothy videos.

This is so key dude!

It's unbelievably easy to ditch ice cream when you commit to healthy smoothies. With some trial and error, you can basically get your smoothie to taste like ice cream, except all of the ingredients are fresh organic fruits + such.

It's OP. 

It's Love.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

1) Using what protein and calorie sources? You frequently caution against grains, with the possible exception of white rice. So are you envisioning a diet consisting of mostly fruits and veggies, with some beans, lentils, tofu, seeds, nuts, healthy fats, and white rice? Sounds carb heavy, eating all that rice and beans.

2) Do healthy fats come under your definition of 'plant based whole foods'? Something like olive oil is not really a whole food in the sense that it is a highly processed, concentrated extract of olives.

3) You seem to recommend oils over grains as a calorie source. Is this purely due to the autoimmune problems that whole grains often contribute towards? (In my own research, I have found some evidence that eating any extracted oils (e.g. olive oil, coconut oil, etc) is very bad for various aspects of health. I have experimented with this by cutting out all oils for multiple years, relying instead on whole grains as my main calorie source. Works fine for me now, but I am young.)

4) Do you think it is unwise to continue with a plant based whole food diet that is reliant on whole grains?   Mainstream nutritional science seems to highly recommend whole grains.

Edited by OrganicACV

1 hour ago, OrganicACV said:

1) Using what protein and calorie sources? You frequently caution against grains, with the possible exception of white rice. So are you envisioning a diet consisting of mostly fruits and veggies, with some beans, lentils, tofu, seeds, nuts, healthy fats, and white rice? Sounds carb heavy, eating all that rice and beans.

Basically any non-animal protein sources you can find that are organic.

2) Do healthy fats come under your definition of 'plant based whole foods'? Something like olive oil is not really a whole food in the sense that it is a highly processed, concentrated extract of olives.

Olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil -- yes. In moderation.

Vegetable oils no.

3) You seem to recommend oils over grains as a calorie source. Is this purely due to the autoimmune problems that whole grains often contribute towards? (In my own research, I have found some evidence that eating any extracted oils (e.g. olive oil, coconut oil, etc) is very bad for various aspects of health. I have experimented with this by cutting out all oils for multiple years, relying instead on whole grains as my main calorie source. Works fine for me now, but I am young.)

I have since been doing more research and learning the importance of reducing oils.

I used to believe that keto diet was healthy. Now I tend to believe it is not.

Whole grains seem to be healthier calorie source as long as you aren't sensitive or allergic to the grains. I would avoid gluten grains, for example. But something like quinoa seems healthier than oil.

4) Do you think it is unwise to continue with a plant based whole food diet that is reliant on whole grains?   Mainstream nutritional science seems to highly recommend whole grains.

If you feel good eating them, then I think it's okay.

Keep in mind, people react to food differently. You must find your unique mix of items that your body tolerates well.

15 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

1. I eat one spoonful of Jiff peanut butter and honey a day

2. I eat waffles a few times a week

3. I eat sunny-side-up eggs every day

4. I eat bananas and apples every day

5. I eat spaghetti, pizza, ribs, stake, salmon, every once in a while (once every 2 or 3 weeks)

6. I eat cookies and cream ice cream about every day

7. I eat salads (iceberg lettuce and carrots with ranch dressing)

8. I eat chili about every day

9. I only drink water or blueberry smoothies.

it is a bit hard to assess the overall structure of your diet from these points. what does your typical breakfast, lunch, dinner look like? 

Also, generally rather than looking at what is and what isn't I'd also go by how do you feel: energy, digestion, sleep, skin, libido, mood, exercise recovery, motivation, current weight & body fat, dental health etc. Can you "check" all these markers? If so you're probably fine 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Yea, everyone in here knows that 5 and 6 have got to go for your own Good. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

Tacos are junk food too right? I think I get acne breakouts whenever I eat chips in general. Usually my face heals after a few weeks of break out, but I think I have lots of things to tacle when it comes to stress eating uggh.