Najim

30 Day Ramadan Challenge

41 posts in this topic

Fellow actualizers,

You'd think that this topic belongs to the health section on this forum, but as you will come to know by reading further, the practice of Ramadan is not just about fasting.

To set context: I am a muslim, and fasting for 16-18 hours a day is not out of the ordinary. Its because we have been doing it ever since the ages of 10-12.

Ramadan is coming up which, you may not know, means that muslims all over the globe strengthen their sense of community by going on 18 hour dry fasts for 30 consecutive days together.  There is a great power in that. This muslim tradition is based on Inter alia, gaining control over the "Nafs" or as you may know "Ego".

You may not know this, but during Ramadan fasts, muslims have to abstain from anything related to sex and also abstain from egoistic tendencies like: pride, criticism, stinginess, arguments and generally bad mouthing others. Again in that is a great power and benefit. Ofcourse with all of this, us muslims engage in prayer with even more diligence.

The muslim prayer is done 5 times a day, after washing the face and limbs, and it is a combination of focusing on the breath, mantras and yoga movements, all of this with the intention to become one with god's will or in otherwords to become one with "love". 

Since the community here is all about self actualizing, I thought it be a good Idea to share this, maybe some of you would like to join the other billion muslims on this journey. 

Ramadan Starts on Tuesday, 13th of April.

You know what really helps with gaining control of the ego?

Surrendering Islam.

Counter-intuitive, huh? ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

I dont think its possible. You yourself are a muslim. Why dont you drop it? you cant. its literally impossible. 

I have elaborated my definition of muslim below:

A muslim is someone who strives to empty himself of himself and surrender to the will of god; and the will of Allah is love, goodness, compassion, responsibility, understanding and the list goes on: read about the 99 names of Allah, these are what islam teaches muslims to strive for. 

Why do you meditate, do yoga, or walk in nature. Cuz u love it. I love these ritiuals and practices works for me, whatever judgements arise are just ruido to me.

Edited by Najim
Changed reply, as soon as pressing publish button had an insight.

9 hours ago, Najim said:

abstain from egoistic tendencies like: pride, criticism, stinginess, arguments and generally bad mouthing others.

Muslims take pride in their religion. 

They don't allow any criticism of their God or Prophet. 

They are stingy since they believe in their own God. The rest are infidels. 

10 minutes ago, Najim said:

Why dont you drop it? you cant. its literally impossible. 

There is no argument that can persuade a Muslim. 

...And you talk about Ego. All Muslims are full of it, collectively. 

Almost no Muslim does fasting properly. People just gorge themselves with food before and after the every fast. It's stupid and counterproductive.

@Dryas

Yep, im sure youre muslim too given this insight. They really miss the point of it huh. How about those who sleep all day just to skip fasting ;)

@JosephKnecht

you are a muslim, your ego or "Nafs" is just in the way of that reality. A muslim is someone who strives to empty himself of himself and surrender to the will of god; and the will of Allah is love, goodness, compassion, responsibility, understanding and the list goes on: read about the 99 names of Allah, these are what islam teaches muslims to strive for. 

Now you may not know this, but I tell you this is the essence of the religion. Judge all you want my brother, but that judging will just be useless noise. 

Youre arguements are not sound nor valid. You are making generalizations and stating falsehood.

In islam an infidel is someone who believes in nihilism-meaninglessness, a lack of existence of god. Or a belief in and worshiping of idols and objects (including the object of self/ego). If you follow the teachings actualized.org you are no infidel. Anyone who is not an infidel is a muslim.

In islam, god is not limited to muslims, god is for the entirety of creation. If some muslims in developing countries believe otherwise, who the fuck cares. Its their level of development let them run their course.

thats it from me, if youre gonna project your dislike for islam onto me dont bother, you will not be given another response. 

If you are curious about islam, im happy to give you my time conveying more to you and if you happen to be near limbourg belguim, id buy you a coffee and we can have a chat.

Edited by Najim

1 hour ago, Najim said:

@JosephKnecht

you are a muslim, your ego or "Nafs" is just in the way of that reality. A muslim is someone who strives to empty himself of himself and surrender to the will of god; and the will of Allah is love, goodness, compassion, responsibility, understanding and the list goes on: read about the 99 names of Allah, these are what islam teaches muslims to strive for. 

Now you may not know this, but I tell you this is the essence of the religion. Judge all you want my brother, but that judging will just be useless noise. 

Greater Jihad.

But, by your holding onto this, your not being holistically honest.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art

6 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Greater Jihad.

But, by your holding onto this, your not being holistically honest.

Elaborate

I've been doing it eversince I was 10 years old. Sometimes it felt like I was going to die from the heat and dehydration near the end of the day. The only time I ever missed days was two years ago when I got a heatstroke and had to stay hydrated all the time until I recovered. That was 4-5 days.

Extremely powerful practice for those interested.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Gesundheit

“I've been doing it eversince I was 10 years old. Sometimes it felt like I was going to die from the heat and dehydration near the end of the day. The only time I ever missed days was two years ago when I got a heatstroke and had to stay hydrated all the time until I recovered. That was 4-5 days.

Extremely powerful practice for those interested.”

poke fun joker. 

lets go even further with your predisposition and drag it out to be ridiculous, maybe then you’ll recognize your gut reaction and closed mindedness.

this is why all muslims have no brain cells they starve themselves. No wonder they blow up randomly and believe in retarded shit. 

Surprisingly in the last decade it has become a trend to intermittent fast and to go on dryfasts. Science is bubbling up with new studies proving the benefits and illness prevention aspect if it. But still fuck muslims ammiright?

Edited by Najim

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Just now, Tim R said:

@Gesundheit Lol what does it say???

Title: That's not Islamic morality, man.

Description: Legendary card. Used to prevent the lewd from committing sins + Effects are enhanced during Ramadan.

34 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

not so sure youre keeping up with the community guidelines. Maybe consider removing this

Edited by Najim

3 minutes ago, Najim said:

not so sure youre keeping up with the community guidelines. 

Allah/Leo is the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Edited by Gesundheit

@Najim IMG_20210318_183007_452.jpg

No problem.

@Leo Gura I don't know if you're planning on doing the challenge, but I encourage you to take it. I think it'll help you get rid of the flora that is causing you intestinal problems. Starvation can be good for health. Intestinal flora should not be able to endure 30 days of fasting. At the very least, I think you'll experience some relief. Let alone the spiritual effects.

Please consider in case you haven't yet. Maybe you'll like it and even make it a lifestyle. Mohammad used to fast on and off all the time.

4 hours ago, Najim said:

you are a muslim,

I don't need you to tell me who I am. 

If you cant draw an image of God, why do you think putting a label on me is not a corruption of my nature. I am not a Muslim. I Am.

4 hours ago, Najim said:

If you are curious about islam, im happy to give you my time conveying more to you and if you happen to be near limbourg belguim, id buy you a coffee and we can have a chat.

Funny story. I once tried to date a Muslim girl, but she couldn't accept me because I was not a Muslim. She told me she is not allowed to date people outside her religion. What kind of tribal thinking is that? 

Let people decide who they are for themselves.