Holygrail

I don't know if I can even trust my own mother anymore....

23 posts in this topic

When I ask my mom how her day at work went, and she tells my a story of all the things she experienced at work, I know that none of that actually happened. When my mom tells me stories about her childhood and her pregnancy with me, I know that none of these things actually happened. It really makes you realize that you're really just it. Does this realization occur to anyone too?

Edited by Holygrail
i forgot something

If you can't trust your mother, can you trust yourself? Did all your memories really happen?

All stories and explanations are false.

12 minutes ago, Holygrail said:

When I ask my mom how her day at work went, and she tells my a story of all the things she experienced at work, I know I'm dreaming up her telling me that story but knowing it didn't actually happen because everything in the universe is coming from my consciousness, so since I wasn't there with her to see her going through those things, then I know it didn't actually happen. When my mom tells me stories about her childhood and her pregnancy with me, I know none of those things actually happened. It feels like everyone is fake and not real now. Does anyone else think like this too?

Sometimes but i use it as one of perspectives i am looking at world. I switch beetween different perspectives because sometimes its not usefull to see things that way. Some perspectives are too radical to be able live normaly with them.

2 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

If you can't trust your mother, can you trust yourself? Did all your memories really happen?

well i can trust my memories because at one point, i had direct experience of them. But i've never had direct experience of anything outside of my direct experience.

2 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

Sometimes but i use it as one of perspectives i am looking at world. I switch beetween different perspectives because sometimes its not usefull to see things that way. Some perspectives are too radical to be able live normaly with them.

yeah these perspectives aren't really practical, but they sure do help ground you to you're god-like nature and remind you to be present, since all you are is direct experience and everything within it..

Edited by Holygrail
bad grammar

Just now, Holygrail said:

well i can trust my memories because at one point, i had direct experience of them

How do you know that? How do you know it was a direct experience that you had in the past?

Do you think you've had direct experiences that you can't remember now?

5 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

How do you know that? How do you know it was a direct experience that you had in the past?

Do you think you've had direct experiences that you can't remember now?

This is all a mindfuck that I cannot understand right now. Maybe ill awaken to this truth if it's true. 

30 minutes ago, Holygrail said:

When I ask my mom how her day at work went, and she tells my a story of all the things she experienced at work, I know that none of that actually happened. 

?

How do you know? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

9 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

This always drives my mind crazy because it means i live all my life in blind faith.

poor ego. haha

27 minutes ago, Holygrail said:

This is all a mindfuck that I cannot understand right now. Maybe ill awaken to this truth if it's true. 

The truth is always there in plain sight. You just have to look long enough.

23 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

This always drives my mind crazy because it means i live all my life in blind faith.

Yup. All our beliefs are blind faith. I wonder what would happen if you gave up the blind faith?

@Holygrail you should definitely start here:

Nearly missed it in the YouTube comments is embedded homework as well:

https://www.actualized.org/downloads/the_mechanics_of_belief_worksheet.pdf

Edited by LastThursday

I think one of the dangers of the whole "solipsism" "Only I exist" is that the initial introduction to the idea that your reality is a dream may confuse people into thinking that their experience through the lens of their life (and all their thoughts and egoistical feelings) is real and everything else is not. This may guide ones to not carrying about the world around them rather than understanding everything as forming a whole. Everything is one. It is not that there is YOU (your ego, your thoughts in your head) and nothing else. Love your mother and everything else in this world. 

Try not to think of this as a game of "can't trust the world/my mother". 

Edited by Sahi96

9 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

All our beliefs are blind faith. I wonder what would happen if you gave up the blind faith?

We would have no context to do anything. 

Btw. i consider acting on intuition as acting on blind faith too because intuition is based on experience in the past. Even from perspective that intuition comes from nothing i consider that acting on blind faith.

I think we couldnt even exist because every form carries some intelignce in it wich operates on blind faith.

2 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

i consider acting on intuition as acting on blind faith too because intuition is based on experience in the past.

What past? Does/did the past exist? What is the past? Is it just memories or something else?

1 minute ago, AdamR95 said:

We would have no context to do anything. 

Is that a blind belief you hold? Maybe we don't do anything in the first place? We invent context so that we pretend to do things within that context?

Dunno, more questions than answers.

21 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

What past? Does/did the past exist? What is the past? Is it just memories or something else?

Is that a blind belief you hold? Maybe we don't do anything in the first place? We invent context so that we pretend to do things within that context?

Problem is that every word carries too many assumptions. haha

Edited by AdamR95

@AdamR95 recognize that whatever you are experiencing (creating) is real, because you imagine (create, manifest) it. 

The duality 'real/imaginary' can collapse, and Truth remains. 

It's always now. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

33 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@AdamR95 recognize that whatever you are experiencing (creating) is real, because you imagine (create, manifest) it. 

The duality 'real/imaginary' can collapse, and Truth remains. 

It's always now. 

its only one perspective you can have though

and its still limited

nothing new i wouldnt had already considered

Your “knowledge” that your mother didn’t do those things is pure, groundless belief. It is absolutely impossible to know for certain if consciousness exists or does not exist outside of “your consciousness.” This is because the only way to truly prove one way or another would be to be directly conscious of the “other” consciousness, but in doing this you would be using “your” consciousness the entire time. 

The personal sacrifices one makes in the pursuit of the Truth are proportional to one’s level of Realization. 

@AdamR95 perspective is limited necessarily.  Imaginary duality (limits) is how reality is created (imagined, perceived). 

8 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@AdamR95 perspective is limited necessarily.  Imaginary duality (limits) is how reality is created (imagined, perceived). 

you are just playing with words and think you are smart:)

22 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

you are just playing with words and think you are smart:)

@AdamR95 aren't we all? :D