Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yog

Bret Weinstein & JP new podcast on politics/biology/society.

8 posts in this topic

Our favorite pre-modern neo nazi and a sex communist is looking different. Is it makeup? 

@Yog 

12 hours ago, Yog said:

A neat t2 talk. Enjoy.

xD Beat me to it. I was gonna share this on here. Very interesting discussion, that to me felt like JP was gently being challenged by Bret on the political issues, on religion. Also interesting discussion about consciousness, which is at this point no surprise that it was circular for the most part. However, it's great JP is still communicating with that same level of energy despite his recent health issues.

On 3/13/2021 at 1:17 AM, Opo said:

Our favorite pre-modern neo nazi and a sex communist is looking different. Is it makeup? 

I am stealing that description haha xD It looks like he has recovered a bit, though he seems like he is still recovering trough the first half of the podcast, ..... loading files, christianity.exe, post-modernism.mal, jung.sys

On 3/13/2021 at 1:39 AM, Danioover9000 said:

@Yog 

xD Beat me to it. I was gonna share this on here. Very interesting discussion, that to me felt like JP was gently being challenged by Bret on the political issues, on religion. Also interesting discussion about consciousness, which is at this point no surprise that it was circular for the most part. However, it's great JP is still communicating with that same level of energy despite his recent health issues.

Hah Yeah. Its one of the first things I noticed. Finally someone is actually challenging him in a genuine and actual way, also done in a t2 way. I quite liked the whole discussion, it felt like very meta t2 discussion. It looks to me that when JP talks with these "intellectual types" that can dance around with ideas and approach things in a more complex manner it brings out the best in him. But when he is in the political, tribalized and baiting types of discussions.. not so much, he can regresses to stage red at times in those xD hahaha..... I wouldn't judge anyway, he's been suffering physically a lot for a long time, especially recently. I think his mind lashes out at times just because of lack of willpower, most used for dealing with physical pain. Good to see him kicking again.

Edited by Yog

If repackaging the ideas of Joseph Campbell within a self help framework that demonizes postmodernism is enough to qualify one as a Tier 2 thinker, I guess that category isn't exclusionary as I had been lead to believe ;)

Am I missing something here? Because I've seen far more substantiate critiques of postmodernism from the likes of thinkers such as David Foster Wallace, and far better cross cultural insights from the likes of authors like Joseph Campbell and Jared Diamond (or hell, novelists such as Dostoyevsky).

I can see the value that someone at SD-Stage Red might get from being presented with Blue value Memes, but I have to wonder if his level of popularity has more to do with ego backlashes on Culture Wars issues, rather than then profundity of his ideas.

"The mind is inherently embodied.
Thought is mostly unconscious.
Abstract concepts are largely metaphorical." - George Lakoff

Y'all should stop fooling around. Instead focus on climbing the dominance hierarchy of competence. Or you will never see the opposite-sex genatelia. The key to this is to become a monster. You can first start by writing down some rules. Then start eating a All-meat diet with a sprinkle of clonazepam. Then fall deep into the asshole of the whale and survive. Then write even more rules as the first ones where not enough to keep you away from fucking around.

10 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

Y'all should stop fooling around. Instead focus on climbing the dominance hierarchy of competence. Or you will never see the opposite-sex genatelia. The key to this is to become a monster. You can first start by writing down some rules. Then start eating a All-meat diet with a sprinkle of clonazepam. Then fall deep into the asshole of the whale and survive. Then write even more rules as the first ones where not enough to keep you away from fucking around.

You forgot a step.

First you clean your room.

Then you climb the dominance hierarchy. xD

Edited by DocWatts

"The mind is inherently embodied.
Thought is mostly unconscious.
Abstract concepts are largely metaphorical." - George Lakoff

11 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

You forgot a step.

First you clean your room.

Then you climb the dominance hierarchy. xD

Learn to grow mushrooms.  You will not only clean your room but learn to sanitize it removing every bacteria and mold.  Then you will have proved  yourself worthy to receive knowledge.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.