Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sharpadox

How Do You Go About Studying Leo's Videos ?

7 posts in this topic

Hello people. I would like to ask you, how do you go about studying Leo's videos. I've found them very useful just by listening and actively thinking about what he is saying and stopping the video when a bigger "aha" moment shows up and thinking about it. I would like to learn more from his videos, so would you suggest writing down what I think are the important parts and later reviewing them, to be honest this has never worked for me in the past, but maybe I was doing something wrong and maybe not thinking and instead mechanically writing. So, in other words, how do you get the most out of his amazing, lifechanging  videos ?

I watch them and think about them for the remainder of the day.

I don't feel like his videos represent absolute truth so there is no need to study them.

I see Leos videos mostly as an impulse/motivation to think about a topic I haven't thought about before.

By doing practical work that pops up in my mind after some of his videos.

Not too much at the same time though,  doing only 1 or 2 things max at a time is how you really change your life, not by trying to do everything at once (otherwise you'll experience backsliding).

More actions, less thinking, more meditation, less bullshit activity.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

8 hours ago, Psychonaut said:

I watch them and think about them for the remainder of the day.

I don't feel like his videos represent absolute truth so there is no need to study them.

I see Leos videos mostly as an impulse/motivation to think about a topic I haven't thought about before.

Exactly!

Same here

I do not study his videos in the sense that I do not take any notes or try to memorize what he teaches. All I do is try to do the exercises and install the habits he preaches such as meditation etc. That is also what yields the most results imo. 

@Sharpadox I think it really depends on what you are looking for and what stage you are at.

Having said that, if you are just a beginner, start with https://actualized.org/blueprint. It gives you a big picture of PD.

I'm a big fan of following Leo in a systematic way. This is because I used to follow him randomly over the last two years but I'm so fucking shocked with his level of development over two years. Thus, I recently started to follow his videos in a systematic manner.

In his website, he has categorized his videos. I pick up one category, e.g., relationship, based on my preference and needs and listen to them in chronological order. I can easily follow his pattern in this way. I also always take note and finally summarize his points for myself because I'm sure I will forget after one week ;). It also helps me to come back and remind myself every week. In this way, I'm conscious about my behavior and my progress. The funny thing is that I never took any note during my college years xD, it seemed to me that it is the most difficult thing to do.

His early videos, around 2 years ago, are very short and easy. It really does not take that much time for you listen to them if need be. You can listen to many of them at once in my opinion. Over the last year, however, his videos became much more deep. Thus, it requires more time to listen and think about them. It also takes much more time and dedication to apply them in life. 

I suggest you to purchase his book list, as well. He has suggested many interesting books. In whatever domain that I feel I need help, I go and check some of the books he suggested.

I do not think anyone takes Leo as the source of truth. He just shares his ideas and we just need to open ourselves to hear what he says.

I hope it helps!

Edited by Seyed

I watch them with my notes open. I make notes of pretty much everything that is relevant to me. If I don't understand something I either pause or watch the video again later. After watching I look at the notes and think about the details and the bigger picture and see if I can implement it to my life somehow.

I also have a bunch of notes, mostly from his vids, that I read daily that remind me of my goals and how I should think etc