holderofhands

Bible never condemned homosexuality?

5 posts in this topic

On rewriting the bible to interpret verses as condemning homosexuality, Information is very accessible but it seems like many people are still not aware. This makes me think of when Leo has brought up a certain barbarity in the bible as it was intended for the culture of ancient man. While this may be true, modern man has also had a hand in perversing it. 

https://pepperdine-graphic.com/what-does-the-bible-say-about-homosexuality/

Could very well be true, but convincing homophobic people who believe otherwise will be extremely hard. They will have to face their devilry and realize their hate against homosexuals was based on a misconception, but no one wants to do that, so they will instead do everything to convince themselves they are right.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Its not about the Bible, its about identity, Christians dont give a shit about what even their own book says, they want to keep their identity as 21st Christians, thats ALL that matters to them, thats why they never talk about all the weird raping and pillaging that there are hundreds of pages of in the Bible, that doesnt fit their narrative. 

Imagine if a prosperity preacher actually pondered "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to get into heaven" Nah, well just ignore that verse... 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Makes me wonder what are the baseless beliefs that I hold in order to keep my identity.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

I've read a whole bible and i disagree. Of course bible comdemned homosexuality. This is unfortunate and terrible.

And this condemnation of homosexuality in the bible affects me personaly, becose i am gay.

I am aware of the newer interpretations of the bible but this is light years away from the minds of the people in the rural area in Slovenia where i live.

Bible is just a bad writen book.