Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

How do you know when you are qualified?

14 posts in this topic

The more I am working on the infrastructure for my life purpose the more I realize how deeply challenging and profound it is to be highly skillful at anything at all. How do I know when I am have developed enough skill to do something? How do I know I am not self deceiving myself?

My God, reality is so huge, boring slow and challenging. I know that facing this is important for a good life. It's a little annoying however.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@datamonster I guess so. Except if you are giving people bad advice, or creating bad projects. I think that could be dangerous. To really master and learn someting takes years and years of deliberate practice and learning from experts.

◭"89"

@datamonster I guess so. However, my interests are deeper than coding or song writing. I will figure it out.

I used to feel very inspired by music but, despite that it just isn't lucrative. 

I am however falling in love with contemplation and Qigong and would like to combine them for a powerful self discovery teaching. However it might take a few years. 

I can start teaching Qigong within the year, but I feel for the whole project to come together its gonna take more than I think it will. I feel a bit overwhelmed by the endeavour. It's a very holistic project. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@datamonster Ahaha. As far as I am concerned you can only take baby steps in this work. To think you can make leaps and bounds is an illusion. I am also not 'just starting'. When I was heavily into music I wrote hundreds of songs and played a few festivals, made video content for 30+ artists and put on some live shows in my city. Nothing major it ended before we really took off. It was a huge learning experience for me. I had a problem with a girl that I let ruin a lot of my career capital. It hurts a lot. But, she really fucked me up. Don't date your co-founder. 

I've created things, and learned a lot from this. I am currently in a building phase in life I suppose. The biggest fear I have right now is the losing of my youth.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@datamonster I don't think I do yet. I know I don't know. I wasn't ready then for everything because my adversity quotient was too low. It's still low. I am working on it. None of these were huge successes. Just, learning experiences and yet, very challenging.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

6 hours ago, Thought Art said:

How do I know when I am have developed enough skill to do something?

Start doing it and you'll quickly see.

Don't sit around waiting to be great or perfect. Start working on small projects today.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, datamonster said:

That's the problem I see a lot these days with a lot of these 20-year-old life coaches. This is not the kinda thing you learn by doing. Ofc you gotta have experience before you can give advice.

How can I practice doing this? I would like to give advice just like Leo 

Some people are not self-aware and construct frameworks which support their defense-mechanims regarding seeing how good they actually are.

So they think they are good and thus continuing doing their work and if it is about nothing tangible, they manipulate others concioussly or sub-concioussly to get validated.

To see if you are qualified, the answer to the question should resonate while you are honest with yourself. And in addition, I would self-assess on different tests which cannot be manipulated and see how they intersect, if this is possible.

You never can rely on opinions of others, since in most cases they don't know the subject and if yes, they may also not be qualified. 

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

6 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@datamonster I guess so. Except if you are giving people bad advice, or creating bad projects. I think that could be dangerous. To really master and learn someting takes years and years of deliberate practice and learning from experts.

Don't be afraid to create bad projects, it will fuck you up as a creator more than anything else. Just be a creator and start creating something.

You also seem to have limiting beliefs about learning. Try to view learning and mastery as something easier and actually enjoyable. Not some scary thing out there that only 1% do. These beliefs and attitude will make you go 10x-100x slower or even stop you from doing anything at all if you're not careful

Edited by Hello from Russia

I enjoy the mastery process. Okay, we will see. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Self mastery process never ends.

Even if you had 500 hundred life times to do every thing that needs to be done "to become perfect", you won't be able to finish the process. It's infinite.

You have two choices though, be paranoid about the whole thing, or accept imperfectness as a given. And work from where you are--with a steady development process.

I'm focusing on constructing the mechanism for success. It is OK to worry about the end result but only worry to evaluate and don't get caught up in that, because that is not where progress is. Focus on the process and optimize.

On some professions one must be sure to be qualified.

Otherwise, other people could get hurt or you charge money for work that is not worth it. That is why being self-aware is important. One can startup on any time. But when it comes to working for money or do responsible work one cannot just do something and see how it goes without having a clue about being qualified.

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

@IAmReallyImportant I agree. Definitely crucial to be sure you are qualified to teach or do what you do. It's important to take that into consideration especially if you are interested in becoming a healer.

◭"89"