charnini

What is yours life purpose?

12 posts in this topic

What is yours life purpose? I am just want to hear your guys story. 

My Purpose is to become a life coach. I get the most fulfilment and offer the most value to others when I am teaching, giving advice, and leading by example. Two of my strengths are love of learning and creativity, which feed into my domain of mastery: personal development.

If you have a general idea about what you want to make a career out of (baking, veganism, etc.), then I think you are really close to finding your purpose. If it's what you are passionate about, then you can find a way to make a living out of it.

Check out Leo's Blog Video Requisite Variety & Creative Laziness. It will help you think outside the box.

https://www.actualized.org/insights/requisite-variety-and-creative-laziness

Here are a Some notes I took from it: (credit to Leo)

If you can be more creative than your problem, you can overcome it.

A chess player wins because he has more moves in his repertoire and can see further ahead into the match than his opponent. (Whoever is most nuanced will win)

In order to escape wage slavery, you need to become an entrepreneur, to create something novel and original that provides great value. You need to be extremely creative. When you start a business, so many problems will be thrown at you, the diversity and variety of these problems will be so vast, that your mind may not be complex or nuanced enough to handle these problems elegantly and you would fail.

When you actually take responsibility for creating something new, figuring out how to solve all the challenges that come with it, what will usually happen is that you will start making excuses for why it's not possible (level 1 consciousness). You need to be an innovative leader and take creative responsibility. You need to commit to solving the problems and not to making excuses. If you don't, you will remain a wage slave. You need 100% commitment, to take complete ownership over every problem in order to achieve your goal.

When you are starting your own small business, you can't just walk in to work and talk shit with your friends at the water cooler while you are waiting for your boss to tell you what your next assignment it. You have to take note of what your competitors are doing, what net technologies are coming out. Adjust to those things through the lens of your goals. How can I use these new tools to improve my business. You have to be ruthlessly honest about some new idea for your business. You might be biased to your own creative idea, but truly contemplate whether you are just holding on to it like it's your little baby, or if it really is an effective idea. Perhaps it is too utopian and unrealistic or too stupid of an idea to pull off. Ask yourself if it will work in the marketplace. Be careful not to sell your soul (your vision) for money or fame.

If you commit to something strongly enough, your mind will start to generate new solutions in order to solve that problem at any cost.

Only 1% of people think original thoughts. The other 99% are sheep, they parrot what they heard from the news, their friends, their culture, celebrities and so forth.

You need to deliberately push yourself to think outside the box in every possible way, beyond what any human has ever thought, beyond what school has taught you, beyond what your classmates or coworkers think, beyond what you hear from celebrities, beyond what you hear in pop culture, beyond what you can read in any book. You need to actually tread new ground, (trailblazer) to generate something totally original and new.

Self-education, taking on multiple perspectives, and consuming lots of original content comes into play. Diversity of content, niche content, not just mainstream content.

Don't worry so much about how to do something. First, worry about your intentions and priorities. By realizing the significance of a thing, on understanding it at a meta level, on setting your intentions and priorities, the problems will solve themselves. A problem is solved through your requisite variety.

Set aside time to sit and think for yourself, in solitude. Contemplate, visualize, and strategize.

The truth is that most situations in life are not intractable (hard to control or deal with).

Relationship problems, financial problems, spiritual problems and most others are completely solvable problems. There are many, many solutions to these problems. You just have to go out there, be committed about it, be passionate about finding solutions, be open-minded and flexible, be willing to change yourself.

Oftentimes, solving a problem doesn't require doing a certain thing more, but significantly/radically changing how you do it altogether. There needs to be a paradigm shift. You need an upgraded ego-mind. Increase the quality of your beliefs and assumptions.

A lot of times the mind is stubborn about how it wants to solve problems. You need to radically change who you are, your identity, your core, in order to create real change.

Whenever you undertake an ambitious project, whether it's with your business or dating life or health or whatever, you usually underestimate the degree to which you're going to have to deviate from your original set of ideas in order to accomplish the thing that you want to accomplish. This is why most people fail.

Requisite variety gives you options. When you think you have no option, you are paralyzed. The more paths you can see to reach a certain thing, the more empowered you become. Find ways of expanding your options in dealing with any situation. Put more tools in your tool box. Put more money in the bank. You will be able to deal with more day to day problems when your knowledge and tool kit are expanded.

To live a healthy life, you should be constantly shedding layers of your ego and identity in order to achieve success. You cannot become successful in a sustainable way if you aren’t able to transcend old beliefs, assumptions, and layers of fat from your Ego. Over a few years of doing this you will become unrecognizable to others.

Read more, research more, study new perspectives. This isn't enough though, then you have to contemplate it.

The people who will thrive most in the future are those who are most mentally flexible. They will earn the most money. They will be the leaders,  the geniuses, the celebrities, who make a real difference in the world. Everyone else is going to be following these people. Do you want to be a leader or a follower?

Don't think of this as some giant chore. Make this a joyful process. Think of this as your art. Building and cultivating a beautiful life is a work of art. Start thinking of it that way as you're working on yourself. You are sculpting your own life, polishing rough edges, making it perfect and beautiful. What else are you going to do with your life?

11 hours ago, Logan said:

You pointed out so many great points. I can tell that you are an amazing life coach just by reading your writing. I agreed with finding creative way in solving problem. I guess for me, the fear of failure get involved when I willing to commit 100% on my passion. For example, I love to bake and I vision myself share story of the creator of the food to many social media platform like Facebook, YouTube etc. To do this, I get the idea on what step needed to be take but on otherhand, I am in college and study to become dietitian which is also something that I care, in some sense for people but I don't enjoy studying it. I was using the degree as my plan b incase I don't success. I think this my current fear is that I want to commit fully to baking but I just feel like being dietian will have bigger impact for people. 

To update paradigms in my field, geology; I want to blend it with mysticism to make it whole. That's my highest vision. I don't fully know what it's going to amount to or how I'm going to do it (I'm basically at square-1, so it's a bit intimidating). But that's my desire. It stems from a deep-seated love and appreciation for the earth and how amazing and precious of a thing it is on so many levels. 

I want to show people how they take for granted their subsistence on such a beautiful, seamless, and mysterious lithospheric blue-marble, and how they may establish a more intimate heart-connection with the earth, by interacting with it in more mindful ways. 

As a funny side-note if any of my professors saw what I wrote above, they'd be scathing their heads wondering whether they should keep funding me, lol. But in all seriousness, I hope to improve the science by making it more holistic through psycho-spiritual development.

Lofty and abstract? Perhaps! I've got a ton of inner work to do; I'm a scientist and philosopher at heart, and I want to be the best that I can be in those domains so that I can perhaps write books, make discoveries, etc. 

The earth is a beautiful thing and I want all to be in a mind-space where they can see it as such. Then they'd understand. -_-

i won't tell mine. But by following and reading many of the forum posts here, i can clearly state that A huge number of people's main purpose in life is to--bullshiting on the forum.:D:D:P

13 hours ago, WonderSeeker said:

To update paradigms in my field, geology; I want to blend it with mysticism to make it whole. That's my highest vision. I don't fully know what it's going to amount to or how I'm going to do it (I'm basically at square-1, so it's a bit intimidating). But that's my desire. It stems from a deep-seated love and appreciation for the earth and how amazing and precious of a thing it is on so many levels. 

I want to show people how they take for granted their subsistence on such a beautiful, seamless, and mysterious lithospheric blue-marble, and how they may establish a more intimate heart-connection with the earth, by interacting with it in more mindful ways. 

As a funny side-note if any of my professors saw what I wrote above, they'd be scathing their heads wondering whether they should keep funding me, lol. But in all seriousness, I hope to improve the science by making it more holistic through psycho-spiritual development.

Lofty and abstract? Perhaps! I've got a ton of inner work to do; I'm a scientist and philosopher at heart, and I want to be the best that I can be in those domains so that I can perhaps write books, make discoveries, etc. 

The earth is a beautiful thing and I want all to be in a mind-space where they can see it as such. Then they'd understand. -_-

By reading this, I can tell you are truly amazing geologist already. Even though I agreed with you on how beautiful this blue spare that gave us life, but I know I can't see it more profound  way than you do. 

13 hours ago, WonderSeeker said:

Holy shit, I'm studying Geosciences currently (though I have lost most interest in it and only intend to finish the studies so it's an impeccable end), but this sounds awesome! I would appreciate hearing some of your ideas^_^

I like to motivate people at any situation, I think, I am the best at it. I notice people also like to share even their personal stuffs with me without any hesitations and this thing inspires me a lot. So I am waiting for that day when I'll be find myself as a motivational speaker.

Not LP but one contribution that I would like to make in 5-10 yrs is to create a cheaper version of the 10x-100x leverage for meditation. Brainwave training or neurofeedback makes meditation 10 to 100 times more effective. With professional guidance, it can go up to thousands of times more effective.  The problem is that currently, the hardware for it is very expensive and too technical to use for most people. (about 3000 USD). I did some brainstorming and think that it could be bought down to about 500 USD. 

@charnini All I can do is point at the Earth and it's intricacies. The work of seeing, feeling, and understanding its beauty will be up to you!  :x

@Pericles This made me laugh. xD