Bazooka Jesus

Something Arising From Nothing

29 posts in this topic

My friends, give yourself a treat -- sit down, put on headphones, close your eyes and listen to this:

Richard Wagner's Rheingold prelude is by far and away the most gorgeous symbolic representation of the notion of "something" arising from "nothing" that I have ever come across. - Notice the deep, profound stillness of the opening bars; feel how the quiet but mighty hum of that continuous E flat bass drone resonates with your own innate stillness, which is the very ground of your being. Then, notice how the rising motif of the French horn at 0:33 seems to naturally and spontaneously grow out of the soil of this motionless bass drone. Listen to how more and more horns are arising out of the initial quietness like a red sun at daybreak, joining their voices to create that warm and glowing E flat major harmony which is maintained throughtout the entire lenght of the prelude, representing the undying force of life itself which animates all things. Now listen to the murmuring waves of string arpeggios flowing out of this eternal E flat chord, starting quiet and slow but growing more and more vivid and sparkling as the piece goes on, rocking up and down like sea waves on the surface of a still and mighty ocean, jauntily dancing and rejoicing in their own magnificient splendor. Finally, notice how all of these instruments, different though they might be in pitch, tone and character, are really singing in ONE BIG VOICE, which is the voice of God itself.

This is the story of creation in a nutshell!

(Of course, the idea of 'something arising out of nothing' is a metaphor, and metaphors can never really represent the truth... they can only point towards it. But as far as pointers go, the four and a half minutes of music that I shared here with you are without question one of my favorite spiritual pointers of all time.)

I hope you enjoyed this. Have a great day, and may you bask in the everlasting glory of your own Being... peace! ;)

Why so serious?

Wagner is one of my favorite composers, thank you for sharing :)

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I was just listening to Terence McKenna — I’ve been on a bit of a jag of his stuff — and I came across a section where he was talking about the Big Bang, he said something like this... The ultimate singularity is the Big Bang, which physicists believe was responsible for the birth of the universe. We are asked by science to believe that the entire universe sprang from nothingness, at a single point and for no discernible reason. This notion is the limit case for credulity. In other words, if you can believe this, you can believe anything.

He had a fair point, I think. The whole notion of a Big Bang seems rather far-fetched, almost as far fetched as the Flying Spaghetti Monster. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

I find the Big Bang to be both credible and compatible with eastern spirituality. Consciousness has no beginning and no end, but the cosmos constantly arises from and returns to it. It is the out breath of creation, and the in breath of destruction. Pretty much like this:

The Day of Brahma ends after a thousand yugas and the Night of Brahma ends after a thousand yugas. When the day of Brahma dawns, forms are brought forth from the Unmanifest; when the night of Brahma comes, these forms merge in the Formless again. This multitude of beings is created and destroyed again and again in the succeeding days and nights of Brahma. But beyond this formless state there is another, unmanifested reality, which is eternal and is not dissolved when the cosmos is destroyed.

- Bhagavad Gita 8:17-20

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

18 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Bazooka Jesus why is there something rather than nothing?;)

Psssssssssssssst... there isn't! Something = Nothing! -- Just don't tell anybody, 'cause we don't want to spoil the surprise for them, now do we? ^_^

Why so serious?

@Someone here It is both... and it is neither.

Ultimate Reality is beyond something / nothing dualism... it just IS! ONE singularity!

Crazy, huh?

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

37 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

@Someone here It is both... and it is neither.

Ultimate Reality is beyond something / nothing dualism... it just IS! ONE singularity!

Crazy, huh?

What if something and nothing are just concepts.. And the chair is just a chair (as it appears and unknowable)? :)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

What if something and nothing are just concepts.. And the chair is just a chair (as it appears and unknowable)? :)

Your imagining that.  You can't get under imagination.  Try it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Your imagining that.  You can't get under imagination.  Try it.

What do you mean? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

20 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Bazooka Jesus why is there something rather than nothing?;)

Because you are God and you are bored ?

The supposedly highest answer is:

The "something" is a delicate imagination to teach yourself about love and prepare yourself for accepting more and more love. Death is the infinite acceptance of who you are: Infinite love .

All of the stories and problems and desires of your ego and life story right now, are being designed by You, God, as a fantasy/movie which revolves around preparing you towards accepting more love and in a nutshell loving yourself. (Excepted from "The ultimate structure of reality explained. One of Leo's video)

39 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

The "something" is a delicate imagination to teach yourself about love and prepare yourself for accepting more and more love. Death is the infinite acceptance of who you are: Infinite love .

All of the stories and problems and desires of your ego and life story right now, are being designed by You, God, as a fantasy/movie which revolves around preparing you towards accepting more love and in a nutshell loving yourself. (Excepted from "The ultimate structure of reality explained. One of Leo's video)

Hmm, there are a lot of people in psych wards with very similar stories to that one.

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

@Bazooka Jesus thanks, love finding new classical tunes.  Here's my favourite which reminds me of something very similar to what you described. If you pay attention, might even hear the moment of the big bang ?

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

6 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Javfly33 @Javfly33 sounds like a story to me 

Yeap

6 hours ago, Bodhitree said:

Hmm, there are a lot of people in psych wards with very similar stories to that one.

Could be. Don't worry I don't go around thinking this is the case. Haha

12 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

High five brother, right on the money!! :)

Why so serious?

11 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Bazooka Jesus thanks, love finding new classical tunes.  Here's my favourite which reminds me of something very similar to what you described. If you pay attention, might even hear the moment of the big bang ?

Aaaaw, haven't listened to that one in ages!

i used to be  a big Richard Strauss fan back in my early 20s... but then old Richard the First came along and made all other music sound like kid's stuff, lol.

I still love Metamorphosen and Salome though ;)

Why so serious?

15 hours ago, Moksha said:

I find the Big Bang to be both credible and compatible with eastern spirituality. Consciousness has no beginning and no end, but the cosmos constantly arises from and returns to it. 

You can certainly tie the Big Bang together with the concepts of Hindu spirituality, but that doesn’t mean that seen rationally either of them make sense. The idea of the universe — which is pretty gigantic if you follow recent developments in astronomy — fitting into an area the size of an electron is way out there in the land of unlikely things. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if a few decades from now we think of the Big Bang theory as another of science’s missteps. 

13 hours ago, Someone here said:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexactly. ^_^

Why so serious?