Gesundheit

Why aren't we using the 9 Stages Of Ego Development model?

26 posts in this topic

@Gesundheit Sure :) 

Look at Integral Life Practice in the 21st Century by Ken Wilber and go to the chapters that cover the four quadrants. 

This will make more sense after you read up on it, but the ego development model is better than spiral dynamics if you're focused on the upper left quadrant/your ego. 

Wikipedia also covers quadrants: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integral_theory_(Ken_Wilber)#:~:text=Ken Wilber's AQAL%2C pronounced "ah,and "individual-collective".&text=For Wilber%2C only such an,be accurately called "integral".

@Vision Thanks!

@EddieEddie1995 Well, then, best of luck!

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

I recently thought about this as I started to get bored of spiral dynamics and was tired of seeing it so much on this forum. I think people refer so much about spiral dynamics because it can easily be used to unconsciously put other people in broad categories.

The 9 Stages of Ego Development was more personal and accurate from what I can remember, but I still need to go back to the videos because I forgot many things about it.

@EddieEddie1995 You got it, bro! You have the inspiration, keep it blazing! ?

@Raphael That's about it, I guess. I personally will continue with the paper, cuz there's some juicy insights there.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey