intotheblack

how to fully get over anxiety/trauma triggers ?

31 posts in this topic

@Superfluo trauma never works like this. You can't suppress it naturally. 

It's always hurting in some way 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India

Just now, Preety_India said:

trauma never works like this.

It can, in certain situation. Why do you think it doesn't?

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

You can't suppress it naturally. 

Oh yes you can, in order to cope and not be overwhelmed by the trauma. The brain has a certain threshold for the pain, and if that threshold is surpassed, the brain has a lot of creative ways in his toolkit to survive.

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

It's always hurting in some way

Yes, but you can be physically/emotionally aware of it or not

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

1 minute ago, Superfluo said:

@Preety_India

It can, in certain situation. Why do you think it doesn't?

Oh yes you can, in order to cope and not be overwhelmed by the trauma. The brain has a certain threshold for the pain, and if that threshold is surpassed, the brain has a lot of creative ways in his toolkit to survive.

Yes, but you can be physically/emotionally aware of it or not

A trauma resolved is better than trauma suppressed 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India With "trauma resolved" do you mean, like, healed? In that case yes, obviously.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

On 2/16/2021 at 2:24 AM, ilja said:

@intotheblack   yes, expose yourself to this as an excercise regularly for a bit when it comes to your mind and observe your feelings and reaction, compare it to how you want to feel and think what you can do to get there. View it like a special forces training. These guys put themselves under hash conditions intentionaly to be prepared for the unforseen.

But As soon as I start observing my feelings and Thought,,,, I feel like They are part of me and There is some struggle to let them go,,,,, I have Issues letting them go easily and they stay on for quite a long time... any suggestions.. Thank You.

?IngitScooby ?

@Ingit Yes, your feelings and your emotions are part of you. Healing is paradoxical because you are tempted to think that when you heal you "get rid of your wounds". But that's not the right mindset. When you heal you embrace your wounds, your emotions, your thoughts. If you "want to let them go", you are saying to yourself that you want to get rid of yourself. Positive acceptance would be a better way to frame the process.

The only option is to be there. Being with your emotions, feelings, thoughts, sensations, and whatever happens, let it happen. Sitting with yourself and saying "I'm here, no matter how much time you need".

You have to learn how to focus positively, with acceptance, on purpose, on command, in order to have a laser beam concentration that gives you results. Actually, it's the other way round: you have to learn how to stop focusing negatively, resisting yourself, lowering your body/emotional tensions, and relaxing and being present.

But this is better said than done, and often we have busy lives that leave little time to our actualization journey, so it's normal to struggle.

@Superfluo Being with Them makes me SO Overwhelmed ( like pressure  to run and force them aside ) ,,,, EGo seems too powerful 

?IngitScooby ?

@Ingit Because you have been taught to do so, or you have taught yourself that facing your emotions is death. Trauma, especially if deep, is a hell of a beast, it's a fucking tornado, and to heal you have to run towards it head on. Of course it's difficult. But remember that there's calmness in the eye of the storm;)

On 2/15/2021 at 9:22 AM, intotheblack said:

I know the best way to stop this happening would be to avoid people with toxic behaviour and situations.

I wouldn't say this.  I would say that the best way to stop this happening is to heal or resolve that within you is being triggered.  Sometimes even having external things trigger you could be a gateway to further exploration, understanding, and then healing since you're faced with it rather than it lying dormant and unconscious and never getting fully resolved and healed, thus plaguing you forever.

Now obviously there's a balance, you don't want to be facing too many triggers all at once or too often since then it can be overwhelming.  Nor would I expect it healthy or desirable for people to spend time with toxic people if they don't have to.  But you also want to be free enough to live your life and not be bothered if you are put in a situation where being with someone you find toxic is necessary, since you can't control everything or every situation.  Plus, it's more joyful to be coming from a place of positivity rather than avoiding people, places, and things. 

Imagine being so healed, so free, that you don't feel the desire to avoid or fear anything, anyone, or any situation.  Easier said than done, but as a goal or possibility, I'd say this is a damn good place to start. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

15 hours ago, Superfluo said:

@Ingit Because you have been taught to do so, or you have taught yourself that facing your emotions is death. Trauma, especially if deep, is a hell of a beast, it's a fucking tornado, and to heal you have to run towards it head on. Of course it's difficult. But remember that there's calmness in the eye of the storm;)

?‍♂️?

?IngitScooby ?