Chris365

Reality is 1 Layer deep!

11 posts in this topic

The separate sense of self adds layers to itself in an attempt to hide its own insubstantiality.

It becomes clear that reality is 1 layer, everything, all experience is made up of only Knowing/Awareness/Consciousness

There's nothing more to hearing than the Knowing of it. There's nothing more to seeing than the Knowing of it.... There's nothing more to the 5 senses than the Knowing.

There's nothing more to feeling and sensing than the Knowing. When a feeling arises, welcome it to the Open Space of Unconditional Awareness that you truly are, and let it be permeated by the light of Knowing... there will be no resistance or clinging to it.

This is a big one recognized here: There's nothing more to thinking than the Knowing. Thinking itself, when identified with, gives the impression that there's many layers to 'itself' but, when examined, thoughts are empty, they have no substance of their own, other than the Knowing.

Resting in this state of Knowing (/being aware of awareness/Rigpa/etc) frees up contracted energies invested in thoughts/daydreaming and makes them available...

?????? Great pointer!

12 minutes ago, Chris365 said:

Resting in this state of Knowing (/being aware of awareness/Rigpa/etc) frees up contracted energies invested in thoughts/daydreaming

...like maintaining your self image, for example. Just think about the vast amounts of energy that are usually wasted on that one alone! Sheesh...

Why so serious?

57 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

?????? Great pointer!

...like maintaining your self image, for example. Just think about the vast amounts of energy that are usually wasted on that one alone! Sheesh...

Yes, letting go of an identity/being a nobody is actually very liberating. Many teachers point to that for peace and happiness, and Leo also lists it in his vid 10 Things You Don't Know You Want. 

@Chris365 ?

Yes, there is only Knowing, one step further, there is only unconditional Loving. ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

5 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

One layer too many ?

Indeed, to have a layer you should have something other than a substance of the layer, but there is none. ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Reality is layerless, yet it includes all layers. It is formless, yet it includes all forms. It is nondual, yet it includes all dualities. It is nothing, yet it is everything. It is God, yet it includes all of God's creations. It is beyond the capacity of the mind to comprehend, and can only be directly realized.

Lord of the gods, you are the abode of the universe. Changeless, you are what is and what is not, and beyond the duality of existence and nonexistence. You are the first among the gods, the timeless spirit, the resting place of all beings. You are the knower and the thing which is known. You are the final home; with your infinite form you pervade the cosmos.

- Bhagavad Gita 11:37-38

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Chris365 I was thinking that I should print out Your text and put it on the fridge(so it’s knowing then). This is easier to accept. But the actual printing and putting it on the fridge by this definition is also knowing, right? That’s much harder to grasp. I can certainly play with that idea but damn...☺️ 

5 hours ago, At awe said:

@Chris365 I was thinking that I should print out Your text and put it on the fridge(so it’s knowing then). This is easier to accept. But the actual printing and putting it on the fridge by this definition is also knowing, right? That’s much harder to grasp. I can certainly play with that idea but damn...☺️ 

That's just more thinking your mind does to avoid realizing there's nothing to it.

Realizing that all experience is "made up" of Knowing, that there's no other substance in all experience but Knowing, means experience happens, things get done, without the need for the mind to delve deep into the imaginary layers it builds up

Also, this Knowing is not the Knowing of... something (which would still imply duality, between the experience, and the knowing of it), it's Pure Knowing, the same substance that perceptions, thinking, sensations, feelings are made of... not-two, and That is what You are.

I see. So I can stop searching because i’ve been searching for myself.  Thanks?