BlackMaze

How do i 100% mean a decision to create something?

21 posts in this topic

I know what i want and also know how to get it. I chose my wants. To actually create them though needs something more. To 100% mean it. I don't feel that i 100% mean it when i make a decision to create something even though i am very sure that i want it happen. Any ideas? 

It's not the decision which counts. It's the moment you start creating when it matters. Why suffer? Make a decision then let it go.

All stories and explanations are false.

@LastThursday ok let's have a specific example. I understand more or less what you mean but i think it depends on what you are creating. For example i want to be a non smoker. I can form a vision of being a non smoker and not being bothered ever again by cravings. If i could have this i would take it. Then i choose to do it. This choice doesn't seem 100% honest. Maybe i'm too addicted or my character is weak. I can't just let it go. If i do i will just continue smoking. Of course i want to be healthy. So what is exactly problematic in this process? 

"i" is problematic. It changes, and you at best only choose some of the changes it undergoes. Decisions are generally dishonest, to varying degrees..

@commie so do you have a solution for this? Because this is what i'm trying to find by asking this question. How do i align my actions so that i'm not an obstacle to the vision. 

Sorry but I'm not a believer and so my only solution is to stop trying. Just do the right thing whenever you can.

1 hour ago, BlackMaze said:

i want to be a non smoker. I can form a vision of being a non smoker and not being bothered ever again by cravings. If i could have this i would take it. Then i choose to do it. This choice doesn't seem 100% honest. Maybe i'm too addicted or my character is weak. I can't just let it go. If i do i will just continue smoking. Of course i want to be healthy. So what is exactly problematic in this process? 

This seems to be a construct of an “i” that is simply a thought (“I want to be a no smoker”). If we are to construct an “i”, there is more to it than a simple thought. The mind can expand it’s awareness by becoming aware of what had been subconscious.

Fantasizing to be something is not the same as embodiment. Fantasizing about being a marathon runner as I eat junk food watching Netflix doesn’t make me a marathon runner. It doesn’t give me the embodiment and lifestyle of actually being a marathon runner. 

Some changes come hard. I repeatedly failed to quit chewing tobacco. . . until I faced the real threat of mouth cancer, oral surgery and losing part of my jaw. That was enough to get me to quit.

@commie i don't know exactly what you mean but i don't consider myself a believer either. The when i can is not enough. I want to do the right thing effortlessly by choice and willpower is not the answer. 

@Forestluv so if the i is removed the actions will align themselves with a vision? 

14 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Fantasizing to be something is not the same as embodiment. Fantasizing about being a marathon runner as I eat junk food watching Netflix doesn’t make me a marathon runner. It doesn’t give me the embodiment and lifestyle of actually being a marathon runner. 

Of course i agree with this. I'm not at all saying that anything will happen just because i made a vision for something. I'm not looking to be just a dreamer. As i found out willpower is not the solution. It is possible to work my ass off and just drive by resistance without sweat. I experienced this in my life some times. Those are the times that i feel inspired to create the vision no matter what. I just know that it will happen. The question is how do i enter this state? 

4 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

@commie i don't know exactly what you mean but i don't consider myself a believer either.

Evidently you believe in visions and so forth. I don't know exactly what "willpower" means by the way. So much we don't know...

@commie you want to cook pasta today let's say. First you need the vision of pasta. I don't mean anything different than that. 

This is a classic conscious vs. unconscious conflict.

By definition, conflict will necessarily result in one of two things:

1. Fighting and struggling.
  2. Giving up and surrendering.

If you choose to fight, you will first have to pick a side, i.e. either conscious or unconscious. Then you will need to use weapons in order to gain more power and better control in order to privilege the side you've picked. The side you pick is always the conscious side.

The weapons are many:

• Prayer.
  • Affirmations.
  • Determination & full commitment, without allowing any doubts or any questioning of your decisions.
  • Vision.
  • Reading motivational quotes and watching motivational videos.
  • Posting motivational quotes and pictures all over your room.
  • Discipline.
  • Physical exercise.
  • Focus.
  • Letting go of other unnecessary stuff.
  • Willingness to work.
  • Willingness to suffer.
  • Willingness to sacrifice.
  • Willingness to accept loss.
  • No-compromises approach.
  • Desire for certain outcomes.
  • Ambitious social circle.

I don't know what else. Brainstorm and find out more.

Otherwise, surrender and let things be as they are.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

10 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

@commie you want to cook pasta today let's say. First you need the vision of pasta. I don't mean anything different than that. 

I don't feel like I need any kind of vision to cook pasta. I get that this might be a metaphor... but for what? You can plan to cook pasta for instance, but you obviously don't need a plan to do it. Are you sure this need isn't a belief?

@Gesundheit i appreciate your answer but this is not exactly what i'm looking for. I want to activate an inspiration to do all the things you mentioned naturally without fighting anything. 

@commie this is not a metaphor it's as simple as the example i gave. To start cooking pasta at all you first need the vision either you do it conciously or not. 

To clarify things a bit. I just read the 6th book from the booklist about how to be a creator. This book gave me a new understanding of things. I want to be able to apply what i learned fully. Just trying to find how to go fully in the creative orientation and understand what i don't understand. 

Then maybe you should try to make your inspiration unconscious, just like my visions. Consciousness is overrated.

53 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

@Forestluv so if the i is removed the actions will align themselves with a vision? 

It depends on the vision and resonance. If I envision being a Bollywood dancer and let go of any resistance -  my mind-body will not align with that and take action to be a Bollywood dancer. It isn’t what resonates with me. 

53 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

@Forestluv As i found out willpower is not the solution. It is possible to work my ass off and just drive by resistance without sweat. I experienced this in my life some times. Those are the times that i feel inspired to create the vision no matter what. I just know that it will happen. The question is how do i enter this state? 

Ime, I’ve never been naturally passionate about anything 100% of the time. The closest thing for me is running. I ran marathons for over 20 years. It was a natural fit. Yet at times it took a lot of effort and sometimes I dreaded having to do a long run, especially in harsh weather. Yet overall, it was never forced. I was never running for anything other than my passion to run. I didn’t run to loose weight, look fit, impress others or win races. It was all intrinsically motivated. To me, running was like breathing. I just did it.

To me, it seems like you have some clogs blocking flow states that are slowing you down. Willpower is useful temporarily to get through rough patches, yet willpower is not sustainable and enough to get through the marathon. And using things like fear or willpower for motivation is not a quality life. It gets miserable.

13 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

I want to activate an inspiration to do all the things you mentioned naturally without fighting anything. 

That is a difficult state to achieve with 100% purity, 100% of the time. Being ambitious is good, yet setting the bar that high is setting one’s self up for failure and self criticism. 

I would take a personal inventory and set goals of progress. For example, if I feel inspired 20% of the time. - I would set a goal of increasing that to feeling inspired 40% of the time in three months. (Not feeling inspired 100% of the time by tomorrow). Unclogging pipes helps one flow, yet if the pipes aren’t naturally flowing toward a destination there will be internal conflict. 

I would also try adding in intentions. 

Just now, BlackMaze said:

@Gesundheit i appreciate your answer but this is not exactly what i'm looking for. I want to activate an inspiration to do all the things you mentioned naturally without fighting anything.

Ain't gonna happen, unless you are 100% authentic about your desires, in which case you won't be asking questions, but rather embodying the desires that you have. But since there is lack of embodiment, that means that you don't have enough will to make things happen. Lack of will is due to lack of authenticity. Your conscious mind wants something, but your unconscious mind wants something else. Your conscious desires are not fully authentic, because they don't match your unconscious ones. Hence, the struggle and confusion.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 hour ago, BlackMaze said:

For example i want to be a non smoker. I can form a vision of being a non smoker and not being bothered ever again by cravings. If i could have this i would take it. Then i choose to do it. This choice doesn't seem 100% honest. Maybe i'm too addicted or my character is weak. I can't just let it go. If i do i will just continue smoking. Of course i want to be healthy. So what is exactly problematic in this process? 

Smoking is an excellent example.

You know what you want: to be a smoke free. That is the decision, no? How many times do you have to make that decision? Just once. Yes, you could re-affirm the decision regularly if you like, but it makes no difference, it's the same decision - why suffer? What makes the difference is what happens after you make the decision: you either do something or you do nothing. Until you actually start doing something, you are effectively doing nothing.  So why suffer about doing nothing?

Hopefully, you can see that the suffering is caused by an anxiety about when exactly you will start acting on the decision (the procrastinator's dilemma). The decision itself is nearly irrelevant in the scheme of things. The doing nothing is also not causing you suffering. It's the uncertainty of exactly when you are going to act on your decision that is causing anxiety.

The only cure for removing uncertainty, is certainty. In this case breathing air the way nature intended every waking moment.

The beauty about giving up smoking is that all the time you are not smoking, you have effectively stopped. Build up your resilience, stop for longer and longer each day until it hits 24 hours and then 7 days and then 12 months. But I feel your pain it took me six years to give up smoking on and off.

All stories and explanations are false.

@LastThursday Your answer was very enlightening. Thank you very much i think that this helped me understand where i'm stuck. 

@Forestluv thank you. What is an efficient way to unclog the pipes? Other than gradualy increasing the inspiration by setting goals? 

@Gesundheit you are right of course. If i subconsciously want to continue smoking this is clearly a problem. If my authentic desire is self harm for whatever reason i need to change it somehow to genuinely want to be healthy. Is there a way to do that? 

@BlackMaze I don't think your authentic desire in this case is to self-harm. I don't think that could ever be the case. The harm is an effect of something else at a deeper level, because nobody wants to harm themselves, obviously.

Smoking is kind of a complex addiction. With smoking, there is a physical component and a psychological one. That means that even if you clear up your mind completely, your body will still push you to smoke, so it's hard to stop, and it gets even harder by time. There are deeper causes of this addiction than just smoking for the sake of smoking. For example, many people think that smoking equals being mature as opposed to being a kid. Others subscribe to the idea that smoking is cool. Others use the nicotine to numb down certain thoughts or emotions. Others smoke because of peer pressure. So radical self-honesty and acute awareness are crucial here. You need to uncover the motives behind that behaviour first. Once you recognize your intrinsic motivations, you will be able to manipulate them through various methods. But you will need to gain access to them first with self-honesty and awareness. Then, after you have identified your motivations, you will need to figure out other, healthier, ways to satisfy them until your body detoxes completely. Then you will be free.