outlandish

Adam Curtis: Can't Get You Out of my Head

6 posts in this topic

A New Adam Curtis documentary series is out "Can't Get You Out of my Head". It's a 6 part series:

Love, power, money, ghosts of empire, conspiracies, artificial intelligence – and You.

An emotional history of the modern world by Adam Curtis.

If you're in the UK you can check them out on BBC here

Outside the UK it seems to be mirrored in various locales, first episode is here

I highly recommend his stuff. He has a huge backlog of documentaries made mostly of archive footage and great soundtracks, which take a deep look at the modern world of power, politics, advertising, psychology. Always from a cynical and comedic perspective that's about 45 degrees off from the mainstream perspective. Consume liberally with a mixture of an open mind and tempered skepticism.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

On 2/12/2021 at 9:30 AM, Consept said:

Watched the first one, great stuff so far, breaks down so much history that you would never hear about otherwise. Hypernormalization was great as well 

Yes, Hypernormalization was really good too! He has a ton of great material, but I'd definitely point people to this new series and Hypernormalization first, as they are most relevant for today.

@tuckerwphotography His stuff repels being boxed in on Spiral Dynamics at first glance, but then when you do, there's really no better fit and you see that it's 100% Stage Yellow.

On 2/13/2021 at 2:44 AM, Marxwa Sright said:

definitely stage yellow: great systemic analysis, and cross-ideological appeal.

Thanks for rec. @outlandish haven't heard of this anywhere else!

Glad you guys are checking it out!

edit: the full series seems to be mirrored here, for non-UK residents: https://thoughtmaybe.com/cant-get-you-out-of-my-head/

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Binged the whole 6 episodes yesterday, absolutely incredible 100% Stage Yellow documentary.