rnd

I like to consume content for myself but not really spread the word about it

8 posts in this topic

I've noticied that whenever I find some profound information, some youtuber, forum, or even Actualized, I consider myself lucky that I've found it. However, I don't see the value in spreading the word about it because others then would catch up with me. And when an author says "I'll be advertizing my material, and you tell others about it too, give me a favour..." I resist, I want an author and his teachings to remain relatively unknown by masses, and I'd keep consuming and apply material by myself only, or at least, with some others who have already been here, and possibly some people here and there too. Not by masses, that is.

Yet, I think it's not necessarily because I'm evil, but because I simply haven't, if it exists at all, seen the value in spreading life-changing matterial to everyone. I want to have such wise knowledge for myself so I'll have an advantange over others.

Ego? Yes. But it may also  be that I haven't seen the value in sharing a knowledge with others, whether it be direct or indirect value. I share it and some would outperform me and I'd have a difficult time in competing with them. No matter how you slice it, we have to compete over resources.

So, is there a value in that I haven't been to recognize yet? An indirect value to me. Not to my ego, but to more higher me. If you convince me that there's and I see it, I'll change my mind and become a word-spreader of a decent knowledge that I've found and thus do good to the masses.

I think it's a matter of understanding primarily, being able to see 2nd, 3rd order consequences.

And you don't tell "how can you be so selfish? Shame on you" because this won't convience me to change my mind. I'm selfish! Ahhhahaa.

Edited by rnd

no, you have to be respectful to others, and respect their POV, they will come to you if they want to learn.

"Have to" - I like this. Who is it who's obliged me to be as such? I don't have to. I may.

And that's not about respect at all because I didn't say that I disrespected others.

Edited by rnd

10 hours ago, rnd said:

I've noticied that whenever I find some profound information, some youtuber, forum, or even Actualized, I consider myself lucky that I've found it. However, I don't see the value in spreading the word about it because others then would catch up with me. And when an author says "I'll be advertizing my material, and you tell others about it too, give me a favour..." I resist, I want an author and his teachings to remain relatively unknown by masses, and I'd keep consuming and apply material by myself only, or at least, with some others who have already been here, and possibly some people here and there too. Not by masses, that is.

Yet, I think it's not necessarily because I'm evil, but because I simply haven't, if it exists at all, seen the value in spreading life-changing matterial to everyone. I want to have such wise knowledge for myself so I'll have an advantange over others.

Ego? Yes. But it may also  be that I haven't seen the value in sharing a knowledge with others, whether it be direct or indirect value. I share it and some would outperform me and I'd have a difficult time in competing with them. No matter how you slice it, we have to compete over resources.

So, is there a value in that I haven't been to recognize yet? An indirect value to me. Not to my ego, but to more higher me. If you convince me that there's and I see it, I'll change my mind and become a word-spreader of a decent knowledge that I've found and thus do good to the masses.

I think it's a matter of understanding primarily, being able to see 2nd, 3rd order consequences.

And you don't tell "how can you be so selfish? Shame on you" because this won't convience me to change my mind. I'm selfish! Ahhhahaa.

@rnd I think you think like this because of fomo and low self esteem. You don't want others to do well because you think that If others succeed you will be less.

The reason why you don't see the value in sharing it is because your big fat ego and selfishness + because you're so attached to be better than other people to have a sense of self worth.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

@rnd You are stuck in a scarcity mindset. Perhaps you fear that others will become more intelligent and powerful than you. Maybe you think of yourself as a genius and can't handle someone else being "superior" to you. Or maybe you fear teaching others because they would think your woo-woo. These are just two possibilities, but notice how your ego is trying to preserve itself, to survive in it's current state. Contemplate why you don't want to help others.

See Leo's video's on contemplation, Ego, and survival.

Edited by Logan

10 hours ago, rnd said:

I understand you. It's normal to have these thoughts.

From my own experience, the more I grow and love myself, the more I love others, feel secure and abundant. These feelings naturally bring the urge to share the wisdom and beauty that can help others. The more u awaken the more positive influence u want to make on the world.

I would say just focus on learning self-love and you'll naturally want to help others. 

softly into the Abyss...

12 hours ago, Logan said:

You are stuck in a scarcity mindset. Perhaps you fear that others will become more intelligent and powerful than you. Maybe you think of yourself as a genius and can't handle someone else being "superior" to you. Or maybe you fear teaching others because they would think your woo-woo. These are just two possibilities, but notice how your ego is trying to preserve itself, to survive in it's current state. Contemplate why you don't want to help others.

I don't want it but not  in a binary manner I guess. I wouldn't mind it if they found it on their own, but not as much as to go to people and actively spread the word.

Edited by rnd