the dreamer

Did Anyone Succeeded To Get Enlightened By Being In The Now ?

14 posts in this topic

i am currently reading " the power of now " by Eckhart Tolle , it's about getting enlightened by honoring the present moment and getting out of past and future. what do you think about this? did Leo ever talked about this? 

yes. i've been in the present moment for almost 1 year. it's the end of suffering.

unborn Truth

The moment is enlightenment. It is a state of pure awareness, or consciousness. And you are it ;) 

I ask myself everyday  am i present now? to keep myself present in the moment and observe my surroundings, and once I've done this the feeling is very liberating. :)

On 8/10/2016 at 11:25 AM, Jared Gregory said:

I ask myself everyday  am i present now? to keep myself present in the moment and observe my surroundings, and once I've done this the feeling is very liberating. :)

This sounds very much like Gurdjieffs 

"Self Remembering"

It is hard work, becuase it takes time to reprogram the mind.

but does tend to stick after a time.

ie, it will require less effort.

Well for sure nobody succeeded to be enlightened or anything else by not being in the now, because they can't not be in the now :D

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

Ask yourself this: If I think about the past or the future do I get transported to those times?

The answer is no. You are always in the present moment, regardless of what you experience, think about, etc. Anything that ever occurs only happens in the present moment. So no, this "you must be in the Now" path is not enlightenment. Also what quantifies the Now? Is it within one second of your current experience, one minute, one hour? Ever think about how time seems to move faster or slower depending on your attitude towards your current experience? Time is relative. I have read Tolle's book, it is a stepping stone, but it isn't the real deal. 

On 10/7/2016 at 3:36 AM, the dreamer said:

i am currently reading " the power of now " by Eckhart Tolle , it's about getting enlightened by honoring the present moment and getting out of past and future. what do you think about this? did Leo ever talked about this? 

I think all Enlightened people get that state by being IN the NOW.  Pure Awareness, True Being,True self, True Essence, Existence, Spiritual world, Empty field of awareness, Enlightenment, consciousness, awakening and present moment is all ONE. Yes Leo mentioned about spirituality, it's not an airy fairy talk but he said it is simply the connection to the present moment.

@30secs Enlightenment is not a state experience. You are already aware. Any experience that you have will be illumined by the same awareness. And that awareness with which apparent reality is know will not be changed by the experience. 

On 11/10/2016 at 5:32 AM, HereNowThisMoment said:

Ask yourself this: If I think about the past or the future do I get transported to those times?

The answer is no. You are always in the present moment, regardless of what you experience, think about, etc. Anything that ever occurs only happens in the present moment. So no, this "you must be in the Now" path is not enlightenment. Also what quantifies the Now? Is it within one second of your current experience, one minute, one hour? Ever think about how time seems to move faster or slower depending on your attitude towards your current experience? Time is relative. I have read Tolle's book, it is a stepping stone, but it isn't the real deal. 

If you think about the Past, ( reverie or Daydreaming )

OR

Think about the Future ( anticipation, or Making Plans )

You are in one of the two states described in Buddism 

as Rising or Falling.

They are concrete and actual States of mind.

In other teachings they are the Active and Passive that Must be balanced ,

to place yourself 

IN the moment.

I have an analogy,

" I wear two wrist watches.

The one on my left is set 5 minutes Slow ( in the Past ( falling) )  Slowing.

and the One on the Right ,

is set 5 minutes Fast. ( Rising) Accelearation.

Looking  at both my Watches Tells me the time is NOW:

( it is easy but not as easy and obvious as many claim )

But it Will be easier if one can Understand what "Getting it Wrong" consists of. 

@Society of the Spect The mind can think about past or future, but those objects of awareness are always known to the same, constant awareness. No experience can ever change awareness. You, awareness, are ALWAYS present. So, no, enlightenment is not a matter of keeping your mind grounded in the current moment because the mind is merely a reflection of awareness. What you are is the awareness that knows the mind and that is constant and unaffected by the objects which appear in the mind. 

I got enlightened by being in the now..... I did it last week...... wait what...

Next step: realise that you always have been, always will be, and can't not be in the now.

Presence is a good meditative technique to attain moments of Being-perception (deconceptualised perception (egoless)) and alleviate suffering, which is most certainly worth working towards. It is not enlightenment though. Enlightenment is an instantaneous, permanent realisation which may or may not occur to you while practising presence.