Chris365

Sam Harris more enlightened than Jim Newman

46 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Gidiot said:

hopefully when I realize no self through experience I do not trivialize life like they do, 

They don't mean to trivialize life. It's hilarious to realize that we have such strong connotations for the word meaningless, when it just "means"...  no meaning. So we put this sad, nihilistic sort of meaning over "meaningless" and in doing so give meaning to the word meaningless! xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 hours ago, mandyjw said:

They don't mean to trivialize life. It's hilarious to realize that we have such strong connotations for the word meaningless, when it just "means"...  no meaning. So we put this sad, nihilistic sort of meaning over "meaningless" and in doing so give meaning to the word meaningless! xD

Interesting observation!

Non-words such as helpless, pointless, meaningless etc. are paradoxical/ungettable in nature, like "non-duality" these non-words point to the lack of something. The individual in it's dream of opposites puts meaning onto everything, including "meaningless." Because meaning points to something it is categorised as positive, and because meaningless points to nothing it is categorised as negative.

"Negative" is also a "non word" as it points to the absence of something. Another definition of "negative" is: something not desirable or optimistic. It is interesting how in the dream of the individual words that don't point to something but rather to nothing have bad connotations. This in the end comes down to the fear of death/unknowing I guess. 

@traveler Woah!!! :oNegative, like negate! I never made that connection before!

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Positive, posit, "assume as a fact" :o Of course! Well that changes everything. Or nothing. Lol 

@mandyjw yea I guess but in the meetings they say it’s pointless to do anything nothings good or bad and there’s no one doing it and I guess I agree but that is also kind of undermining to an individual sense of self it’s true but an apparent body  still have to apparently wake up and eat and live so it’s kind of not the message I would put out even though it’s a true message on some level

On 3/2/2021 at 10:19 PM, Gidiot said:

It’s very repetitive but it’s also somewhat soothing to me. I’ve listened to Jim Newman Tony Parsons to go to sleep before hahahaha.

jim and Tony and the Neo Advaitans may not have realized god but it seems they have realized no self, I suppose that’s a start. That is a sort of awakening in itself, hopefully when I realize no self through experience I do not trivialize life like they do, I don’t think it’s a worthless perspective but it’s awful tough living in a dream just constantly telling the other dream people that they don’t exist aha I feel like that is already implied but it’s a paradox and a mystery I guess 

Realizing no-self is absolutely important. It just ain't the end of the road.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.