CirclesofMastery

How To Invest My 10,000 Like Warren Buffett

13 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have saved £10,000 ($14,500) and need some advice on the best way to invest it. I want the returns of Buffett but not cash returns, personal growth and development returns.

I was thinking of picking my most influential YouTube mentor, buying a tent and pitching it outside their office until they took me as an assistant......  

Any ideas?

Br 

CoM

I would travel and go as far as my money would take me. I'd try to pinpoint retreats and places to watch my favorite mentors speak! 

Haha, you don't need to become anyone's assistant.

All the tools for developing yourself are mostly free! That's the beautiful part.

The bottleneck is not lack of money, it's lack of willingness to do the inner work.

Want to develop yourself to crazy levels quickly?

Use that money to buy a little shack in the woods, stock it with food, and live there for the next 2-3 years. Read books, meditate, contemplate, journal, etc. You will grow crazy fast and you don't need to be anyone's little bitch assistant.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Another, less anti-social option, is to do a live-in consciousness apprenticeship program. PM me if you're serious and I'll give you a recommendation or two. (Note: this is only for very serious spiritual aspirants who have money and time to burn.)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The returns you are after are not what money can buy and you need very little money to pursue them.

You can't buy persistence, will power. Some kind of monk training would probably be the closest.

Edited by marting

Hah "D

you rebembered me young guy who has quit his job, school and go with a tent on a bike to Elliot Hulse … the look on the face of Elliot priceless :)

So, Watch out Leo ;p

I'll recommend it everywhere and anyone… go to Forest Monastery … you can find them everywhere … in England best place for me is Amaravati http://www.amaravati.org 

Yeah it is not so shiny as being Youtubers padawan and it's almost free…. so disappointing ;p

In my opinion money should do money… don't have any business ideas… any skills to aquire? 

My best advice is to invest that money in good books and make sure to set aside time for them.

Invest in Altruism and see your Happiness levels grow and ego diminishing.

For every dollar you spent on yourself, give the equal amount to a person on the street.

Example, you are in St*rb*cks buying yourself a coffee, (which you probably shouldn't be doing anyway) buy the person behind you a coffee as well.

You are buying yourself a new pair of shoes, spent the equal amount of money buy giving it to the next homeless person you see.

You are buying yourself a meal, give one to a person in need through ShareTheMeal.

Invest on making others happy and you'll see yourself becoming happy too.

Alternatively you can donate money to charity,

or invest on new ideas on the internet.

Travel! I had 10000€ when I was 22 and spent it all on a backpacking year. It was the best thing I could ever do! I will still remember this time when Im 80 years. Experiences and development are made outside in the world.

On 2/10/2016 at 5:08 AM, Leo Gura said:

Haha, you don't need to become anyone's assistant.

On 2/10/2016 at 5:28 AM, Leo Gura said:

Lol I'm picturing the look on Leo's face waking up to a garden full of us lot eagerly waiting in tents

On 2/11/2016 at 4:01 AM, Cinderella said:

Travel! I had 10000€ when I was 22 and spent it all on a backpacking year. It was the best thing I could ever do! I will still remember this time when Im 80 years. Experiences and development are made outside in the world.

Travelling may be the best idea if you havecthe time.  Buy a one way ticket to Thailand and start your adventure.

Travel, travel, travel...can't stress it enough.  You'll learn so much about yourself and how you relate to life!  Go places where it's cheap so you can last longer on the road :D