The Buddha

What happened?

10 posts in this topic

I was watching a documentary of Sri Ramana Maharshi. I was really getting into something profound, you know. I could really feel all my fucking reality melting down into I. However, at one time i got very uneasy... i don't know how to explain tbh. We all know when ego feels a bit triggered, but this one was different. It was like the pointer was maybe to much to him and the false identity wanted to get out of there. The fact is, I stopped watching and went to play videogame and things to distract the mind to be fair; however how the fuck I'm gonna run from myself. Anyway, could you give more insights about what happened? I may have an understanding, but I'm sure there is someone that has a deeper understanding of this phenomena. Any adive also to let go when literally you are dying and you are melting into nothingness? Obviusly go with the flow but i feel like all those advice are pretty much meaningless when you are actually in the situation.

Looking forward your answers

Sri_Ramana_Maharshi_-_Portrait_-_G._G_Welling_-_1948.jpg

Btw, this is the documentary if anyone is interested:

Also, I don't know why but I felt I had to attach a photo of him in the post

You run away from facing something personal and then you ask others what that might have been about.

Next time dive into the experience. Let the feeling eat you alive if necessary.

10 minutes ago, Snader said:

You run away from facing something personal and then you ask others what that might have been about.

Next time dive into the experience. Let the feeling eat you alive if necessary.

It is true, it was totally like that. However, I feel your words are easier to be said than to be lived. I wanted to understand better the process of all that and was seeking advice of other that went through the same. Anyway, I got the message and I'm really grateful for your answer, next time I'll dive fully into, there is no other way.

There is conflict. 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Ignorance knows the power of the truth internalized, so it backlashes at you, you can call it ego backlash.

You have been deluded (in feeling seperation) for quite some time, that is why the inertia and irritation.

All you need is just a little bit more intellectual conviction and reminder why you need the truth.

3 hours ago, The Buddha said:

Any adive also to let go when literally you are dying and you are melting into nothingness? Obviusly go with the flow but i feel like all those advice are pretty much meaningless when you are actually in the situation.

Been in the situation many times, and I took the hard way until I learned how to deal with it. Short answer: Fear is in the head and/or the belly. When fear of death is rushing in, feel your heart. Really feel into the area of your chest, let the mind talk all it wants. Trust the love in your heart. I know how "fluffy" this might sound, but it's the smoothest way I know, the love consumes everything else, even the terror.

By the way, did you know Carl Jung wanted to see Ramana but pulled back in the last minute? He was afraid as well.

2 hours ago, Applegarden said:

Ignorance knows the power of the truth internalized, so it backlashes at you, you can call it ego backlash.

You have been deluded (in feeling seperation) for quite some time, that is why the inertia and irritation.

All you need is just a little bit more intellectual conviction and reminder why you need the truth.

Thanks I got it!:x

33 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Been in the situation many times, and I took the hard way until I learned how to deal with it. Short answer: Fear is in the head and/or the belly. When fear of death is rushing in, feel your heart. Really feel into the area of your chest, let the mind talk all it wants. Trust the love in your heart. I know how "fluffy" this might sound, but it's the smoothest way I know, the love consumes everything else, even the terror.

By the way, did you know Carl Jung wanted to see Ramana but pulled back in the last minute? He was afraid as well.

You words are exactly what I needed. Love is always the answer, it's the embrace of Truth. Thanks for your help!!!

On 1/19/2021 at 1:46 PM, The Buddha said:

I was watching a documentary of Sri Ramana Maharshi. I was really getting into something profound, you know. I could really feel all my fucking reality melting down into I. However, at one time i got very uneasy... i don't know how to explain tbh. We all know when ego feels a bit triggered, but this one was different. It was like the pointer was maybe to much to him and the false identity wanted to get out of there. The fact is, I stopped watching and went to play videogame and things to distract the mind to be fair; however how the fuck I'm gonna run from myself. Anyway, could you give more insights about what happened? I may have an understanding, but I'm sure there is someone that has a deeper understanding of this phenomena. Any adive also to let go when literally you are dying and you are melting into nothingness? Obviusly go with the flow but i feel like all those advice are pretty much meaningless when you are actually in the situation.

Looking forward your answers

Sri_Ramana_Maharshi_-_Portrait_-_G._G_Welling_-_1948.jpg

Do you want to let go and find out?  If so, go ahead, if not, dont.  If you dont want to find out, ask yourself, why not?  If you don't want to know, don't inquire :)