Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrewww

How do I let go of desiring external stimulants?

10 posts in this topic

I'm trying to be more spiritual I've noticed my body is always like MORE MORE yet my persona is like chill there buddy especially in terms of sex and food. It's never satisfied an I want to evolve past this. I've tried fasting here an there an periods of celibacy but I keep failing on reaching the end goal of not being pulled by these things.

Full stop & reverse. What is being attributed to the body is actually attachment with thought. The mind can not find satisfaction in these outward antibody movements and modes of ‘trying’, ‘being more’, ‘evolving past’, fasting, celibacy, judgement, blaming, achieving, etc because this is the very cover story, the veiling activity of the mind, which you are always prior to as the awareness of.

Just as evolution is an apparent yet convincing vestige of now, the ‘body’ thought is the cloak of the true nature of experience. Likewise, ‘things’ have no ‘pull’. Things are not pulling you, you are not a thing, you are attracting all “things”. There is not a source of this right now experience and  a secondary source of ‘things’, there is one auspicious source inseparable of ‘experience’. 

When awareness is reoriented back upon itself the hallowed truth of the thinking mind is divulged and the true nature of experience (what was thought to be ‘a world’ and ‘things’) is remembered in self recognition as the one whole & seamless divine perfection, or, perception, as it always was and will be.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Everything you said sounded nice and poetic but I don't think I learned much from it other what im doing and maybe self inquiry more? Please expand on it Id really appreciate it c:.

@Andrewww You feel restless and an urge to get stimulated? -> Sit down, feel the urges completely, but don't act them out. Just sit with them, bathe in their energy. You can inquire into the feelings without thinking by just leaning into the question what these energies are, and where they come from.

This sounds easy, of course it's mostly not. What I tend to think from my own experience is that it's the only way to deeply understand these urges and to let them settle down.

why want anything if you have and are everything ... you need to have an awakening of oneness which can come in many ways

@peanutspathtotruth Yeah some say meditate or get busy basically even though dont always wanna do that or have energy to get busy opposed to easily jacking off or filling my face with food.

@gettoefl I've realized oneness through ayahuasca. That I am nothing and everything. But still here. Yeah after AYA my kundalini was up in full flow I was in nirvana/heaven within also celibate but like couples months past of that great lvl of consciousness I had sex (didnt know wasnt suppose to stimulate low chakra) day after day an then the kundalini flow went downwards.

Edited by Andrewww
add details

You might find these sayings by Swami Vivekananda, insightful and helpful in strengthening your convictions for self-mastery and identifying the natural bliss within yourself.

https://vivekavani.com/swami-vivekananda-quotes-pleasure/

An uncultured man loves the pleasures of the senses intensely; as he becomes cultured, he begins to love intellectual pleasures, and his sense-enjoyments become less and less. No man can enjoy a meal with the same gusto or pleasure as a dog or a wolf, but those pleasures which a man gets from intellectual experiences and achievements, the dog can never enjoy.

At first, pleasure is in association with the lowest senses; but as soon as an animal reaches a higher plane of existence, the lower kind of pleasures becomes less intense. In human society, the nearer the man is to the animal, the stronger is his pleasure in the senses; and the higher and the more cultured the man is, the greater is his pleasure in intellectual and such other finer pursuits.

So when a man gets even higher than the plane of the intellect, higher than that of mere thought, when he gets to the plane of spirituality and of divine inspiration, he finds there a state of bliss, compared with which all the pleasures of the senses, or even of the intellect, are as nothing. - Swami Vivekananda

All pleasures of the senses or even of the mind are evanescent but within ourselves is the one true unrelated pleasure, dependent upon nothing. It is perfectly free, it is bliss. The more our bliss is within, the more spiritual we are. The pleasure of the Self is what the world calls religion.  ~ Swami Vivekananda

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

@Ajay0 That was SO GOOD. Thank you for sharing my goodness. I will look deeper into Swam Vivekananda I am ready to learn an evolve.