Leo Gura

Tim Pool Stupidity Showcase

42 posts in this topic

Sorry, I know this isn't exactly high-brow of me, but hey, sometimes there's value in showing how delusionally wrong a YT pundit is.

One of the problems with conservative pundits is how often they are wrong and how easily they get away with it and just continue acting as though it's all good. There needs to be accounting for one's bad predictions and takes because that's ultimately how we adjudicate between worse and better worldviews. Conservatives are masters at avoiding this empirical accounting because it rarely favors their worldview.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

He doesn't expect conservatives to be right so he never bothers to criticize them. Conservatives being stupid or hateful is par for the course. However he is shocked when the left behaves like authoritarians because it's unexpected. The left should be better than that but right not they are failing.

Anyway 99% of his videos criticize the left but quite recently he released a video criticizing the right for popping the Trump balloon. 

Once again the reason he points out the left is because he is shocked by their behavior, whereas he expects the right to act the way they do. 

Hmm, it all smacks a bit of the "I'm not right wing I'm a libertarian" line to me. I'm not sure what to think. I might feel differently if there was the odd critique of the right in there among all his videos but it does seem to be entirely one directional.

I peg him a bit left of Dave Rubin: so center-left but strongly libertarian. Basically all the criticism he does is from an anti-authoritarian frame rather than a progressive one.

He does tend to exclusively criticize the left. His stated reason is that there's already tons of left-leaning media criticizing the right, but relatively few who will point out problems on their own side. The problems he sees at least.

Given that he goes after the left and is so libertarian it isn't really surprising that his fanbase is so right leaning. I don't think he's lying about his political orientation or just selling out though.

His shtick isn’t new. It’s standard concern trolling. The troll is ‘on the left’ but only critiques the left and does so in a way that please people on the right. To prove he’s on the left, the troll picks some social issues or identity politics where there is a little bit of a split on the right and picks a left leaning position.

After reading a bit about him and watching a few videos I know I don’t need to think about him further. He’s not that popular so unlike Shapiro and Crowder, and Limbaugh and Hannity before them, I don’t need to pay that much attention.

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

You do know Tim pool supported Bernie Sanders right?

Not exactly my idea of a conservative but there you go

10 minutes ago, Akira said:

You do know Tim pool supported Bernie Sanders right?

Not exactly my idea of a conservative but there you go

Lol

This just makes him more dumb. Actually, plenty of Trumpists like Bernie Sanders. Because they don't look at policy, they look at anti-establishment vibes, his working-class style, and they are ignorant and confused.

If you carefully questioned and polled most Trumpists, they would be in favor of progressive policies.

There are so many libertarians who endorse Sanders. 

Leo your political bias is out of hand

Why do you keep posting these silly videos I honestly do not understand what you are seeing here

No points or arguments are being made here

He laughs and makes lame jokes after everything he says without attempting to refute what he is saying (I'm only 5 mins in to be fair...:P)

Lets see if it improves...

Maybe it's over your head.

Yeah but you would say that

because you you are incapable of political bias by definition it would seem

why not try to understand trump supporters from their perspective not their perspective as viewed from your none biased enlightened perspective and you might notice something more true

but of course you're already doing that because you're so hyperaware of your own bias

perhaps if you took a breather from this echo chamber you've constructed around yourself

Don't get me wrong though I actually love your work for realz

@Akira Masterful gaslighting skillz there

@Akira and how exactly are we supposed to understand Trump supporters from their perspective? 

So you think that Trump supporters aren't biased? 

4 minutes ago, Akira said:

why not try to understand trump supporters from their perspective not their perspective as viewed from your none biased enlightened perspective and you might notice something more true

Please enlighten on the truth. 

Of course they are bias but so are you and so am I all in different ways

And perhaps you are right Leo it could be going over my head because I try not to look into politics to much these days because the amount of bias on display everyway honestly makes me feel nauseous

And no gaslighting I actually massively respect your work have been watching and getting much value for years but your politics seems very biased to me 

It honestly confuses me how bias you come across in this forum regarding your politics

1 minute ago, Akira said:

It honestly confuses me how bias you come across in this forum regarding your politics

Of course it does. That's how projection works.

I don't know the truth but it's more complicated than these self righteous pundits are making out

Toxic

not contributing to understanding, lacking in empathy

Just now, Akira said:

And perhaps you are right Leo it could be going over my head because I try not to look into politics to much these days because the amount of bias on display everyway honestly makes me feel nauseous

And no gaslighting I actually massively respect your work have been watching and getting much value for years but your politics seems very biased to me 

If he is having a fair position on issues that's not called bias. 

Bias is when you choose to look at political issues from the fixed black and white paradigm of Right Versus Left. 

Leo is simply pointing out the nonsense of Tim Pool. 

He does not hold any specific positions. 

The only person whose statements are appearing biased are yours. 

I don't think I am that politically biased, although of course I would think that... and I'm not a Trump supporter. I've been left wing in the past gone right at times, moved left again and now I'm just stepping back until I understand more.

I'd love to see us move towards more understanding and empathy of each other

"Of course it does. That's how projection works."

I could easily point that back at you Leo

It's a very easy get out of jail free card

I see you using over an over

You are human too leo don't forget that

2 minutes ago, Akira said:

and I'm not a Trump supporter. I've been left wing in the past gone right at times, moved left again

That's the problem right there. 

It's not about moving  right or left like a pendulum. It's about holding high conscious beliefs in the political field, it doesn't matter where they belong. 

You're falling for the classic trap of black and white thinking. 

Did you explore whether what you thought could be flat out wrong?

did you explore whether you could be deluding yourself?

Or is that one of the 10 commandments you just enlightened me with?

One of god's truths if you will?

Timestamped:

"Who has the vibe that you like"

I've been seeing people lately making statements like that, and it is interesting because they are basically unknowingly pointing to spiral dynamics. They are able to identity that people do not like Trump because of policy, but because Trump "vibes" (is on the same stage) as they are. The same is true for Biden, Sanders and so forth. To the degree that they perceive those people reflecting their own value system, to that degree they will support them.

Tells you a lot about the US when such a significant portion of it's population loves Trump.

Glory to Israel