Aaron p

Baptism of the Holy Spirit = Enlightenment ?

13 posts in this topic

In Pentecostal circles what's referred to as the "Baptism of the holy ghost" is well stitched into the fabric of their Christian paradigm. It is portrayed as a second, non-symbolic baptism after the the baptism of water which would represent faith and repentance from sin (ego). As Paul transmits a fuller degree of holy spirit into these followers of truth through the laying on of hands they find they gain special abilities, and their tongue starts to move on its on.

The book of Acts chapter 19 verses 1 to 6 reads;

"...Paul...arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples and asked them,

Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” 

They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”

So Paul asked, “Then what baptism did you receive?”

“John’s baptism,” they replied.

Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied."

--------

Here is acts chapter 1 NIV translation. Pay particular attention to the differentiation between the baptism of water and the baptism of the holy ghost*. Two separate occasions...one a symbol, one actual. (Read the red writing)...

Screenshot_20210116-114110.jpg

Verse 8 reads that the filling of the holy ghost in the body that comes *after* faith causes the recipient to receive power and strength.

As I was raised Christian it is very very intriguing to me to learn about how faith in God, the baptism of the holy spirit and awakening are all tied together.

Martin ball talks about how the tongue and body start to move on their own during powerful entheogenic experiences through 5meoDMT.

It's very possible that what [some] Christians refer to as the baptism of the holy ghost, is actually enlightenment (fuller degrees of God received). Boom lol

Edited by Aaron p

In my opinion, comparing enlightenment to baptism of the Holy Spirit is unnecessary. These are two mainly separate yet loosely related spiritual experiences. I believe I have experienced the Holy Spirit to degrees 99%+ of Christians have not. It certainly brings power in a metaphysical sense from my experience. I don’t think it’s power as in you’ll suddenly have the ability to overthrow a government or physically heal people at will, at least not in most cases. The power I’ve found through my deepest connections to what I call the Holy Spirit is a connection to spiritual, and for me also likely physical extraterrestrial, beings. During the time period I was most attuned with the Holy Spirit, many inexplicable things happened such as objects in my life teleporting or manifesting hundreds of miles away from their last known location to me with no scientific or logical explanation that seems plausible from my judgment. Telepathy, clairsentience, clairvoyance, and possibly claircognizance came to me. I was saved from a car accident at this time in a miraculous way potentially by guardian angels or other spiritual or extraterrestrial beings trying to protect me. I began to come in contact with entities such as Lucifer (at least a Luciferian clairvoyant woman said it was Lucifer) which literally changed my vision from dark to bright in a sort of undulating fashion and even altered the color of a photo I took on my phone. This happened while I was in the same room as her during a tarot reading and also a couple other times. 

Enlightenment, to me, comes in many forms, but the most notable is God Consciousness and God Realization. This is to say knowing or becoming unquestionably and fully conscious  that you are God and you literally created everything you’ve ever experienced and the entire world you’ve ever known. Other enlightenment such as satoris are similar to what Eckhart Tolle might experience as being fully immersed in the present moment without thought or ego. It’s much different than experiences correlated with feeling the Holy Spirit in your life, in my opinion. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@Aaron p

?

Three times I have typed a somewhat lengthy explanation of dot connecting here, and three times this tab on the iPad  , when pushing submit on the comment, says “can not connect to server because iPad is not connected to wifi / internet”, while all other tabs function as normal. So, good luck and Godspeed with this one!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I also wanted to say that I’ve experienced the complete transformation of my physical body into a cephalopod body and spoke in tongues for 5 hours straight on one of my 5 dried gram mushroom trips. He’s right about that, but I think it’s unrelated to the Holy Spirit mostly. I’ve never felt the Holy Spirit during a trip, but ayahuasca made it possible for me to experience the Holy Spirit to levels like never before. This happen after the trips though, not during. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Holy Spirit always reminded me of Kundalini experience, not necessarily Kundalini awakening though. Heres a great video, one of my favourites: 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I think it's more like transmission of Christ consciousness. Same as what other tranditions call as shaktipat or initiation.

Shaktipat, initiation and baptism are the same thing but different words. Holy spirit means guru's grace or guru's presence or guru's energy. 

Amen to Christ, Alhamdulillah

31 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I think it's more like transmission of Christ consciousness. Same as what other tranditions call as shaktipat or initiation.

Shaktipat, initiation and baptism are the same thing but different words. Holy spirit means guru's grace or guru's presence or guru's energy. 

Amen to Christ, Alhamdulillah

@Salvijus indeed

34 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

@Nahm aw sorry bro can you do a quick summary explanation?

Ya, sorry about that. Electronic stuff seems to be getting less reliable lately.

An ‘entry point’ would be to write on paper (not a screen, not ‘in your head’) in front of you...

What are the differences between water & the Holy Ghost? 

Whatever comes to mind in this regard is ‘right’, whatever comes up, write than down. Don’t judge, scrutinize, make mental comparisons , or second guess, just flow. Essentially, this is not ‘thinking about it’, this is seeing in front of you whatever arose in mind. To the extent possible, look at this like turning the mind off, and a hand just writing of it’s own spontaneous accord. 

Then, in the same manor write down what properties are the same with water & the Holy Ghost?

Which lends to some google searches in regard to the miraculous properties that are unique to water. As an example, water unbinds other substances without binding itself to those substances. It rinses away without attaching to that which is rinsed away. Do just go on that though. Experience your googling of it. 

One note, and this can not be said to be more than opinion / interpretation, because words / communication... nonetheless....sin IS NOT ego. Sin is to speak ill against the self / Self. 

Also, you can directly experience the ‘laying on of the hands’ for yourself. People refer to it as Reiki. Given your path / background / trips / experiences, I am highly confident you would have “sober” mystical experiences that are even more “real” in the sense they are deeply moving, life changing, eye opening as to what is possible being renewed or made anew yet again, than previous experiences. That is what Jesus & Paul spoke of. Siddhis, Infinite mind in communion with ‘finite mind’. There is only actually the ‘speaking in tongues’, but we normalize it such that it seems significant relative to reality, specifically the human body, was not already free / spontaneously ‘happening’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 1/16/2021 at 7:04 AM, Rilles said:

Holy Spirit always reminded me of Kundalini experience

I grew up in an old-fashioned Pentecostal church.  I received the Baptism of the Spirit, and I have experienced many of the phenomena associated with it (speaking in tongues, being "slain in the spirit," dancing in the spirit, etc).  I have also experienced what is commonly referred to as Kundalini awakening; although, I don't consider that an accurate description, technically speaking.

Some of the most powerful, spiritual/somatic experiences I have ever had have been during those years in the church.  The "spirit" felt tangible and often physically moved me, both from within and without.  I would feel overwhelming love, devotion, and bliss that are difficult to articulate with the full force they deserve.  At times it felt like being electrocuted, and at other times it felt like warm oil being poured over my body.  At other times my body would turn limp and I would fall to the earth, being only conscious of God and not my surroundings.

Kundalini experiences (again not technically accurate) were similar, but seemed more purposeful and less intense.  I would experience various kriyas spontaneously, such as asanas, bandhas, and mudras.  I would hear sounds like divine instruments or celestial choirs.  I would see geometric shapes or colors.  I would fall into Yoga Nidra and experience lucid dreams where I would explore how intricately detailed that amazing world can be.

Neither of these are enlightenment (not a big fan of that word).  They are symptoms of following the path, just as dust flying into the air is the symptom of sweeping.  They are interesting enough, but not the goal.

@Shambhu I've no doubt there is a pile of bullshit within Pentecostalism. Namely the fact that it lined up with the definition of a cult, along with the rest of Christianity and all religions because of the impending doom that lingers above your head in case you leave haha.

But it's interesting to see where there are nuggets of ?truth? In Christianity