kras

Courses or books for social skills

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, can you recommend me some good courses, books about social skill? I am trying my best to be good communicator but i am naturaly introvert so its a bit difficulty for me. Ive already read couple of times How to win friend and influence people so you can skip that option ;),

How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing with People, I didnt read it yet, but I heard many good things about it. It is also listed on the booklist and got mentioned in several good books I read. Definitely will read it soon too.

@kras Books:

How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing with People

Models: Attracting Women Through Honesty - Best dating book I've ever read.

The Charisma Myth

How To Be a 3% Man

The Laws Of Human Nature

Shadow Dance - Not a book for social situations per say but you can use this to uncover and integrate your limiting beliefs and insecurities which is the core of most of your problems in life. Must Read!

Other advice:

Meditate before you go into social/stressful situations and incorporate deep breathing. (This is a short term strategy but good in a pinch) This will help to detach from neediness and be calm. 

Don't think of people as your enemy. Learn to love and accept yourself and then others. Easier said then done obviously. Watch Leo's video on Self-Love.

Do shadow work.

Listen to songs that make you feel like a badass before you go out or while in your car. 

Smile. Smiling makes you feel more confident. When you feel more confident, others will perceive you as more confident. You will see people's reactions to you and reinforce the confident feeling. (Self-Love is sexy)

Use powerful body language. See above excerpt for how this affects you. Your mind can be tricked by manipulating your body.

Study human psychology. Male and Female, they are different.

Learn to be compassionate. Study people or groups whose perspective you don't share or understand.

Edited by Logan

I'm also looking for good sources about the topic and just only read Carnegie's book. Right now I'm watching " Charisma on Command" youtube channel and trying to practice some advice on this pandemic/lockdown situation, which also comes with another question: Does this advice works in an almost online pandemic context?