Twega

Leo's video made me feel negative

11 posts in this topic

Leo's VIDEO (23:44) made me feel extremely negative and pessimistic. I'm around that age, faced with the same situation he described. When he said, "you screwed up." it felt dark. I know I'm probably just being a neurotic pussy. But I just wanted to share what I felt.

I would rather think it as: ''You screwed up If you went to work for Starbucks and settled there for good.'' Here is your chance to be conscious about your life path, which is already rare position to be at, especially that young.

''You should've spent the prior ten years of your life already having a rock solid plan for career and business''. A little exaggeration there, not to be taken too literally. He sometimes tests us like that ;)

@Twega Sending virtual hug!  Well said @Snader .

I find it hard to picture or plan for the years ahead - life is so unpredictable - one could go for what seems like a decent path and just keep on re-evaluating it.  

Leo did hit on some pretty interesting ways of thinking about it that I had never considered when I was that age that would have probably been, and still would be, really helpful.

Edited by PepperBlossoms

"You screwed up" is shame.

And shame releases cortisol. 

The opposite of shame is pride.

And pride releases dopamine.

If you believe any "shame based" statement , cortisol will be released in the body.

And if you believe any "pride based" statement like a praise/compliment ,dopamine will be released in the body.

I honestly don't think it gets much deeper than that. LOL 

You are not WHAT you think. You FEEL what you think.

You are not your thoughts. But you EXPERIENCE your thoughts.

It is impossible for you to BECOME a thought, label, adjective, sentence, identity or description.  

What you ARE does not change.

Your true nature is untouchable.

Only the ego changes into a shame-based identity like a "screw up".'

And here is the super scary part!!! haha Your true nature can't change into a "success" or a "winner" either. Only the ego changes into those pride-based identities. 

"Screw up" and "Success" are both ego based identities.

Edited by Brittany

@Twega How old are you bro? (18-22?)

Guess what, almost everyone screwed up too. 

Many people ended up in jail. Some for crimes they didn't even commit. 

Some people just got runover by a drunk.

Some ended up committing suicide. 

Many got brainwashed in to settling for wage slavery for ever, no higher vision horizon in their periphery, just sights of a stable boring job & a mortgage. 

You didn't really screw up. What you have ahead of you is a gift. 

You are free, young, educated it seems. The world is your oyster. 

Leo has extremely high standards. Maybe you screwed up according to his standards, but it's pretty common. 

But you what I'm actually a hypocrite. I keep thinking how I should be on route to being a millionaire by now. Almost mid twenties & I have nothing but some faith. 

Edited by Striving for more

@Twega This is my best advice. 

I've really screwed up several times before, way more fuckedthan just "Not being successful".

But I changed my mindset. Screwing up is sexy : I can be the comeback king. 

I'm coming back motherfuckers. 

" Everyone loves a success story, but u know wat I love more than a success story... it's the guy who fucks his life up & gets it back together again, that's a real story" (Joe Rogan). 

Edited by Striving for more

Listen to soulful or epic music. I find that the most effective for these kind of thought patterns. 

Let it go. Don't be dependent on others opinions to manage your internal state. Live life your own way. 

17 hours ago, Twega said:

Leo's VIDEO (23:44) made me feel extremely negative and pessimistic. I'm around that age, faced with the same situation he described. When he said, "you screwed up." it felt dark. I know I'm probably just being a neurotic pussy. But I just wanted to share what I felt.

57f (1).png

That may be the dividing line between a fulfilled life at 30 or a suicidal one, the angst with which our subliminal mind percieves our scandalous endevours in our twenties. 

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?