RoerAmit

I feel I don't have control in my life.

8 posts in this topic

Hey there!

I feel that my emotions are controlling me, I feel deeply not good enough, unloved and I feel that I am "Not OK".

How do I stop believing in these limiting beliefs? Why do I feel this way - why am I attached to my victimhood? 

I feel like I can't lose weight, can't earn more money, can't practice more playing the guitar (my job), I can't attract women - What am I missing?

How do I become detached from the identity I am now?

Stop REACTING, start ACTING on your own intentions, BEND reality and your environment, not the other way around.

Questioning the limiting beliefs and being conscious of them is a big first step. 

5 hours ago, RoerAmit said:

How do I stop believing in these limiting beliefs? Why do I feel this way - why am I attached to my victimhood? 

The mind always wants to recreate what is familiar from the past, even if it is dysfunctional. It is terrified of the unknown.

Neale Donald Walsch once suggested that you act before you think, rather than thinking before you act. Do what you need to do before you have a chance to think about it, as the mind will only sell you a story of unworthiness that will lead to inaction.

Edited by No Self

12 hours ago, RoerAmit said:

I feel like I can't lose weight, can't earn more money, can't practice more playing the guitar (my job), I can't attract women - What am I missing?

Hey RoerAmit,

Sometimes victimhood can also be a mask for laziness. 

The real question is - How much do you really want it? Are you really willing to take the initiative? Do you really want to put in the work? 

You cannot sit in a single place for hours and complain that you’re hungry (limiting belief). Instead, you’ll walk to the refrigerator and try to satiate your hunger, right? The food’s always been there, you just had to reach out. 

You’ll feel love when you seek love and most importantly, be that love yourself.

You’ll earn more money when you put yourself out there with the right mindset.

You’ll lose weight if you go to the gym.

You can attract women if you take the initiative. 

Act on the things, rather than sitting on it. You’ll find your answers here. 

I know, emotions can be very misleading - but you’re the master of them, remember that. 

All the best! 

Edited by xxxx

Here's a good, easy and practical tip. Implement a 30 minute jogging routine every day. Not in order to lose weight, but in order to make you feel better and give you the confidence and energy to move forward. Here's the thing that will truly make a difference while you jog: Affirmations, affirmations, affirmations. Jog while you say to yourself that you are loved, that you're fucking awesome and that you're a fighter and never gives up. What do you think will happen when you say stuff like this every day while jogging? Magic will happen, that's what.

Here's the thing. Your mind will give you a dozen of bullshit stories of why you shouldn't go out and run. It's cold, I'm not an athlete, I hate exercise bla bla bla. Everyone can implement a 30 minute routine every day. Lower your speed if you can't run for that long.

Eventually your confidence will go through the roof and you'll notice that you're motivated to implement other routines in life. But for now... master this thing and then we'll talk.

By the way, if you want to lose weight, change your diet, that's all. Exercise won't do much of a difference. A feq months ago I reached my goal of losing 50 pounds and it took my five months by only eliminating sugar completely and eating like 30% less food.

I paint abstract art. Check out my website and let me know what you think.

https://www.galleriabstrakt.se/collections/all

(I only ship within Sweden so forgive me if you see a painting you'd like but can't order)

19 hours ago, RoerAmit said:

Hey there!

I feel that my emotions are controlling me, I feel deeply not good enough, unloved and I feel that I am "Not OK".

How do I become detached from the identity I am now?

How do you know you don't have control in your life, if your not in control?  Sounds like your lying to yourself.

You say you feel like the emotions have you in their grip, and not by your choice?

Where thereby you by some other emotion desire that not to be the case?

Will it not be emotions which have you controlled even if your desire were to be fulfilled?

Now that absurdity/double negation makes me question the premesis themselves, i for one have many times been sceptical towards my emotions, but in their quality, not their nature.

What is an ideal emotion, which you aspire towards having? Is it possible that the guitar is not something you yourself desire mastering, and that you have undermined the "instrument" you actually would've?

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?