caspex

Context is imaginary?

4 posts in this topic

So I have had a pretty nice mindfuck for the past few days. You know how in dreams your entire context of what's going is changed into something else? You suddenly know the situation you are in. For example you may believe, even in a Lucid dream, that you have been writing a novel in real life, just then to wake up and realize that was never the case. And wonder how you even believed such a thing. Well couple that with the realization Leo points to in the recent God video. It sure damn looks to me after that realization and this insight, that all the context I have in my head is just like a dream, a context to something that never even happened, but you genuinely think so it is the case. For example, me thinking I have Kitchen downstairs with a fridge with veggies in it or "In some days, I'll need to submit my Assignments." or that I have an Assignment to do in the first place. And this is the case in every moment. This moment is never changing, it is the same all the time. It's just that appearances/forms and contexts keep changing. But at the same time, this whole thing may just appear to be so and not be the case. In direct experience, this seems to absolutely be the case tho. Infact, with this in mind, even the whole idea of this "Context is Imagination" is itself a context! This actually even wins over the argument of "If I am imagining everything why is it so consistent?". Maybe the consistency is an illusion because of your imaginary context of explaining the present moment. 

This leaves you in the deep unknown into the mystery of what it is, which that is. 

have fun :)

For example you may believe, even in a Lucid dream, that you have been writing a novel in real life, just then to wake up and realize that was never the case.

lol this totally 'happened'

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@Swarnim Reality is infinite. The same situation can be recontextualised an infinite amount of times. But this is the realm of the mind, not the soul. It is relative truth, not absolute truth. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie