Gesundheit

Where does all the confusion stem from?

47 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

@Gesundheit I know nothing.  Go find out what's true. Peace! 

Peace to you too. But that's not the reason why I started this thread. If I wanted to find things out in direct experience, I would have done it already. But I don't want that. Rather, I want to discuss and keep asking questions until I get to the bottom of the inquiry, if any. The objective for me is asking the questions, regardless of whether or not there are answers to them.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

The objective for me is asking the questions, regardless of whether or not there are answers to them. 

@Gesundheit you are literally saying The point from my question is to not arrive at answer but just to play with concepts.  Why on earth should I try to answer your question then? 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

59 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Gesundheit you are literally saying The point from my question is to not arrive at answer but just to play with concepts.  Why on earth should I try to answer your question then? 

No. I am saying that the point of my question is exploration. Something of value might come up, or it might not. Not all questions have answers, and even if they have, we can still question them and extract value.

And of course, I needn't to tell you that there are no shoulds or shouldn’ts.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

On 17/12/2020 at 1:02 AM, Gesundheit said:

@SamueLSD

Both of these answers sound interesting, although too vague. Can you elaborate?

They aren't obsessed with the latter OR both. 

They  are 'obsessed' with consciousness. 'Mundane' is but a impression of the mind, and as ones perspective becomes wider, it can be seen that the mind only sees mundane due to its small scope of perception, where things seem simple, repetitive, not mysterious, or where nothing is questioned at all.  This is how you are misinterpreting the now.

You have become accustomed to this so much so that you do not realise that it is in no way what it seems, or what you thought it was.

Imagine you are a cell, the universe is a leaf, and the entire tree is consciousness.

Do you look at a tree and see the leaves as separate? 

Edited by SamueLSD

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

The confusion stems from mind.

Why is the mind confused?

It beings as a blank slate and then tangles itself in a web of beliefs. 

Why does it seem like 'Supreme consciousness' isn't here, now?

Because the perception of time is another consequence of mind.

Where else could it be? When else could it be?

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

It stems from not knowing thyself.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi