SamC

What the fuck is this ringning in my right ear?

27 posts in this topic

This is somewhat common on the path. My advice would be to be curious about it. In the sense one with a reoccurring pain would typically instinctively avoid it or seek a cure, but can also feel into it and explore it, do the same with hearing. Hear into it, explore it, receive it, welcome it. Allow the receiving of the message of it. Be one with the background hum of the universe. Sound is a vibrational appearance of silence, just as matter is a vibrational appearance of being. You could frame this up that you are the vibration discovering the source of the vibration. As you ‘reach’ this line less line, subtle changes in the way reality is experienced, are experienced. You might also experience the pure white of all light. Much more pleasant and fascinating than the ringing. Don’t add resistance, let go to it. You might also frame it up as not encroaching upon you, but allowing you to let something go into it. Maybe something you’ve hung on to long enough, something you can put down now. Maybe something that truly was not your fault. Actually not your fault. 

Also, are you ‘moving awareness through the body’?  Feeling ‘inside’ the body, and moving / ‘whooshing’ the awareness around? if not, I would. If this is new, start with feeling that there is sensation in the body of your feet. Then slowly expand that awareness of sensation through out the entire body. Might take a few days of a few minutes a day. It’s enjoyable, and you might want to do it all / anytime. Feel the same sensation ‘inside’ the body, and by focusing / awareness, feel it move around, sort of like water. If that all sounds ridiculous, google ‘the 5 bodies’ or ‘5 sheets’ and read a bit on different explanations & practices. I think Vipassana meditations & programs cover this as well. It’s not easy to explain, it’s a feeling / direct experience thing. It relates to the ringing. If you have specific questions once you have explored this in direct experience feel free to reply or pm. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

My tinnitus disappears out of nowhere sometimes. It could definitely be it

The thing with doing spiritual work is that you focus on your physical sensations and it becomes more obvious or less. When I'm focused it completely disappears. When I'm unfocused it seems to harass me

Edited by Espaim

10 hours ago, Nahm said:

Be one with the background hum of the universe. Sound is a vibrational appearance of silence, just as matter is a vibrational appearance of being.

Super interesting. Reminds me of that one time, where I smoked some cannabis and started mentally chanting om. After a while, I could hear the oms of other voices. I was being welcomed by so many voices and was simultaneously merging with them, becoming one of the welcoming chanters.

Hearing is so interesting. One of the 'practices' lately is just listening to sound. The experience is like turning up the volume on crappy speakers - the background hiss becomes louder and louder. A similar sense of a high-pitched sound merged with that hiss comes up.

Edited by EmptyVase

On 2020-12-16 at 2:45 AM, Guru Fat Bastard said:

It's pretty common with spiritual/meditative work,especially the pranic breathing. Practices such as Kriya,WH,and other pranayama methods have direct physiological effects on the nervous system which in turn cause a "re-tuning", which is what you're hearing. The further along you go with these practices, other subtle,and not so subtle sounds will occur. For some "schools", these experiences are indications of "progress",but like all experiences, don't put too much importance or emphasis on them. Otherwise you'll get diverted into wanting or looking for more experiences instead of finding Truth.

Interesting! Thanks for the imput

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

23 hours ago, snowyowl said:

@SamC   is it high or low pitched? I get both myself, but the low pitched is also known as the Worldwide Hum (or Taos Hum, or just The Hum)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum   which isn't  necessarily Tinnitus but there's various theories as to the cause. 

Another thought - have you had your ears checked for ear wax recently? 

High pitched. Yeah true, it could be because excess vax. I have thought about checking that.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"