ihavenoidea

What the fuck just happened

8 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

something completely unexplainable happened to me just now, and I hope to find answers or hear about stories from people who expirienced something similar.

(this ended up very long but it's important to me, sorry)

Anyway so I was doing Leo's self-inquiry technique (sober) after a short "warm up"  meditation to focus my mind, and for the first time in my life I felt this strong sense of emptiness that Leo is always talking about, and I felt confident and in control, but that changed really quickly.  I remember Leo saying that it would bei like having an epiphony, and you would suddenly get it...

But what happened to me was not like anything that I would have expected. I got completely overwhelmed. I was 100% convinced that I am going to die and it scared me shitless, I have never been so scared in my life, and I can't explain what happened to me. All I know is that it felt kind of cold and just like nothing, but a different nothing. It felt like a nothing that was alive, because it pulled me into it more the longer I kept my awareness there. I felt like I was falling into an endless hole.

My heart started racing immediatly when I realized that I am completely losing myself, and I couldn't go any deeper from there because worries and thoughts started coming up. But I wondered why I got so afraid,  because logically I am always telling myself that I want to find truth and transcend my attachments. "Why was I so scared?" I thought. But the thing is, that I have no fucking clue what I am dealing with and I'm trying to find out.

I realized though that my attachments to "me" being alive are still strong and are preventing me from going deeper. All in all this expirience felt bad. And I don't get it. I am way more afraid of nothingness than I thought, it's way scarier and I am absolutely not ready for that   of shit. I didn't feel Love, I was just scared shitless.

A way bigger realization that I got from it though is that none of what happened during these couple of minutes (or ever) matters, everything that I'm writing now is just for my ego to "understand" and my life is entirely a delusion from the beginning to the end, and that this was just a glimpse of truth for the first time in my life, and now I'm disappointed that I couldn't handle it whatsoever.

Maybe it was a schizophrenic episode. My brother got it when he was my age (19). Can someone please share their expirience with going to nothingness for the first time? Why do I feel like I'm loosing my sanity when confronted with nothingness? Why did I get so afraid? How can I go deeper?

Thanks everybody, every thought is highly appreciated

@ihavenoidea willingly surrender and let go. Nothingness is you. Because mechanism of ego is “controls and protect itself”. Meanwhile nothingness is complete letting go and surrendering. Completely opposite sides. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

I had a similar panic attack where my heart was pounding so fast I thought I was going to die of a heart attack, it was the scariest experience of my life as I was 100% convinced I was going to die, but I didn't. 

All I did was smoke a small amount of weed and was listening to spiritual music, whats weird is that I have done strong psychedelics before and all my trips have been so pleasant and beautiful.

Your entire post is the mind pretending that it wants to die. 

The mind is saying "I couldn't handle my own absence." Well, of course not. 

5 minutes ago, ihavenoidea said:

this was just a glimpse of truth for the first time in my life, and now I'm disappointed that I couldn't handle it whatsoever.

You are a fish that is swimming in the truth.

You didn't lose the truth.

And you can never gain, get or have the truth.

And you will never own, cage, hold or capture the truth.

44 minutes ago, ihavenoidea said:

Maybe it was a schizophrenic episode.

No it wasn't.

I've had panic attacks like this several times. Didn't start until I started doing spiritual work.

Take some time to relax. Start the work when you're ready again.

Go in the opposite direction of that. Fear is resistance, so go in the direction of joy, whatever inspires, thrills you, makes you happy. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

It will take a little more than a self-inquiry technique to see an end come to the body ;)

Don't worry, you aren't going to die in the conventional sense from this. 

Just relax into it more and more. No need to force it. I get fear pop up when this happens too. Just now a little before reading this I woke up from a nape and started to melt into nothingness while fully grounded in the body. It is actually an amazing experience to have both the polarities of nothing and something present and be situated right in the middle. very peaceful. 

2 hours ago, Brittany said:

Your entire post is the mind pretending that it wants to die. 

The mind is saying "I couldn't handle my own absence." Well, of course not. 

You are a fish that is swimming in the truth.

You didn't lose the truth.

And you can never gain, get or have the truth.

And you will never own, cage, hold or capture the truth.

@Brittany @ihavenoidea ^^^