SourceCodo

Leo and friends - god , not God

45 posts in this topic

@SourceCodo Thank you for your kind words. I hear you, on the inherent divinity and respect for every form. Sorry for all the words here, but it is something that needs to be said.

When people first awaken to non-dual reality, it is easy to dismiss themselves, and the entire dream world, as an empty illusion. For them, it is like falling into a void. There is no meaning. I call it a conceptual awakening, where they realize who they are not, but have not yet realized entirely who they are.

The spiritual awakening is when the third eye opens, and you see Consciousness infusing itself in every form. Here is the Mystery that is directly realized, but the mind cannot comprehend.

We are not only dreamless Consciousness, but we are also Consciousness itself, within the dream. Even the dream is sacred, in this sense. It needn't be taken too seriously, but also it deserves to be honored.

The Bhagavad Gita points to this over and over again. God is not only the creator of the universe, but God infuses and expresses itself, throughout the universe. God is not only what is, but God is also what is not:

Lord of the gods, you are the abode of the universe. Changeless, you are what is and what is not, and beyond the duality of existence and nonexistence. You are the first among the gods, the timeless spirit, the resting place of all beings. You are the knower and the thing which is known. You are the final home; with your infinite form you pervade the cosmos.

When I first came to the forum, I engaged in some god battles with people who saw this differently. I have learned that there is no value in these feuds, only the risk of invoking ego. How typical of the ego to claim that it is more woke than someone else ? Pointing out our differences rarely, if ever, leads to enlightenment. Each journey is worthy of respect. At least, that is how I see it :)

@Arcangelo ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

18 minutes ago, Moksha said:

@SourceCodo Thank you for your kind words. I hear you, on the inherent divinity and respect for every form. Sorry for all the words here, but it is something that needs to be said.

When people first awaken to non-dual reality, it is easy to dismiss themselves, and the entire dream world, as an empty illusion. For them, it is like falling into a void. There is no meaning. I call it a conceptual awakening, where they realize who they are not, but have not yet realized entirely who they are.

The spiritual awakening is when the third eye opens, and you see Consciousness infusing itself in every form. Here is the Mystery that is directly realized, but the mind cannot comprehend.

We are not only dreamless Consciousness, but we are also Consciousness itself, within the dream. Even the dream is sacred, in this sense. It needn't be taken too seriously, but also it deserves to be honored.

The Bhagavad Gita points to this over and over again. God is not only the creator of the universe, but God infuses and expresses itself, throughout the universe. God is not only what is, but God is also what is not:

Lord of the gods, you are the abode of the universe. Changeless, you are what is and what is not, and beyond the duality of existence and nonexistence. You are the first among the gods, the timeless spirit, the resting place of all beings. You are the knower and the thing which is known. You are the final home; with your infinite form you pervade the cosmos.

When I first came to the forum, I engaged in some god battles with people who saw this differently. I have learned that there is no value in these feuds, only the risk of invoking ego. How typical of the ego to claim that it is more woke than someone else ? Pointing out our differences rarely, if ever, leads to enlightenment. Each journey is worthy of respect. At least, that is how I see it :)

@Arcangelo ?

@Moksha You've left a sign post in the road here for future travelers & explorers with this message. It points to the path. And you've opened my eye just a bit wider than it was before. You're awesome. I'm going to revisit the Gita now - every visit brings new insight.

It is both near and far, both within and without every creature; it moves and is unmoving. In its subtlety it is beyond comprehension. It is invisible, yet appears divided in separate creatures. Know it to be the creator, the preserver, and the destroyer. Dwelling in every heart, it is beyond darkness. It is called the light of the lights, the object and goal of knowledge, and knowledge itself.
—The Bhagavad Gita

Big gratitude to Big G for this creation, big gratitude to little g for sticking around and enjoying the ride - the show wouldn't be the same without you.

Gone

@SourceCodo ?? Consciously reading, and being, the Gita is pure enlightenment.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Atman is Brahman. You are foolish to not see how your consciousness is the All, God, all existence, etc. You are in a dream right now, and you are the only consciousness that exists. Every other being, deity, or object just has the APPEARANCE of consciousness and existence. In actuality, there is no substance behind it. You are also an illusory fabrication of consciousness. Consciousness itself as well as the Self or experiencer of phenomena is a dream object illusion as well. You created all of this with your imagine. Now, hold on to your butts and enjoy the ride ? 

Be kind to the characters you have dreamt up, and they will be kind to you thus giving you a more pleasant dream. Only wake up if you desire it Neo. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

3 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Atman is Brahman. You are foolish to not see how your consciousness is the All, God, all existence, etc. You are in a dream right now, and you are the only consciousness that exists. Every other being, deity, or object just has the APPEARANCE of consciousness and existence. In actuality, there is no substance behind it. You are also an illusory fabrication of consciousness. Consciousness itself as well as the Self or experiencer of phenomena is a dream object illusion as well. You created all of this with your imagine. Now, hold on to your butts and enjoy the ride ? 

Be kind to the characters you have dreamt up, and they will be kind to you thus giving you a more pleasant dream. Only wake up if you desire it Neo. 

Manage the psychosis that comes with the higher perspective better. You seem to have the same problem as me - telling instead of guiding (or conversing) and it comes off as the stone faced guru arrogantly hiding behind a wall of psychosis. Do you zone out when writing these things sometimes... Maybe it feels like  “channeling” the depths. When you “tell” me that all is illusory, I immediately recognize your truths and choose to transcend the need to spend time squabbling about the details. The truths remain regardless of our conversation and my ability to articulate your mental imagery. Tell me a story if you want to make the learning more enjoyable for this dreamer. 

After a while, we seem to return to presence, far beyond these insights. The insights remain. Words confuse. Yet we keep pushing forward. Keep your candle lit and smile more often. We can always smile more often ?

When I wake up, I go back to sleep and inform the other dreamers of my insights. I care about them. They’re just like me. I don’t have the high ground - I choose to push them forward rather than pull them. 

What’s your favorite book? 

Edited by SourceCodo

Gone