28 cm unbuffed

Mastermind

10 posts in this topic

Yo, so, I was always fascinated by these "mastermind" type characters. I was always watching them with awe and aspired to be like them.

All of the positive traits of them are fascinating to me, like intelligence, strategic thinking, analytical mind, etc. But there is one thing, that subconsciously is sabotaging my growth, which is that these characters are also "evil". Examples of them might be Madara Uchiha, Walter White, Tommy Shelby, Yagami Light, etc. Damn, I love these guys.

My question is: do you know any "positively polarized" masterminds? Positive characters, that also have all of these traits? The only one that comes to my mind is Sherlock Holmes, but he's not that inspiring for me. I really need some new role models, to get rid of these subconscious beliefs.

Thank you!

Mowgli 

Nancy Drew 

Gandalf

Philip Marlowe

Rhett Butler

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

You mentioned Light without thinking about L? lol

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Positive polarization does not mesh well with mastermind characters because they are constructed around the idea of being a puppet master that works from behind the scenes. This is prime territory for egotism because the characters don't confront their preconceived ideas of how the world should work with what people actually are. There is usually a thick wall around them that prevents them from connecting with others and seeing them clearly.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Modeling fictional characters is really detrimental imo. It gives you a false image of what a quality human being looks like and is pretty big on " Wanting to look cool , wanting to be special, wanting to be perfect, wanting to be smoothx" , besides many other things.

Ofc you may get some insights from them as well. 

There is a cool exercise in shadow work that helps to understand yourself better : What fictional character do you identify yourself as? Why exactly? 

I thought of myself as the Avatar, the little kid that was the special snowflake, the unique guy. I thought of myself as Naruto, the special guy with the inimaginable powers, bad with girls, socially inept, etc. 

These subconscious characters somewhat hold you back from evolving and also give you insight into your egoic desires, etc.

Pin down as who do you identify yourself with and why. 

If you want, or just cosplay mrbean?

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

P. D. for role models go for real people 100%, for real. Fictional fantasy land movie characters are so misleading. 

@mmKay

Yeah, you're right fuck'em, but still - who would be a mastermind type character that is worth following, looking up to? 

When I think about these types of people I think about Peter Ralston and Leo, but Ralston is too "ordinary" for me, and Leo is too introverted and I don't know, a lot of things about Leo I don't like, he's too closed-minded and "political" for me (can't find a better word, he is too square headed for me, that's all). 

I like Joe Rogan for being open-minded for example, I like Frank Yang, Kanye West for being creative, open-minded, crafty, all-around gifted, but I lack a person that I would admire for being motherfucking mastermind. 

Different people for different aspects of life and qualities. Like, Leo for inner game and spirituallity, rsd tyler or james marshall for dating and sexuallity, david dobrik vlogs and joe rogan standup for humor, rick and morty for creative inspiration, Project life mastery for marketing, Seth riggs for vocal mastery, etc etc. 

Cherry pick your mentors. Having one guy for everything would be like ( *insert analogy here, im going to sleep and brain is not functional atm*) 

Edited by mmKay

I think you first become. dark master, then you eventually turn to the light or not.
Never saw any mastermind character as you say, who got this lovy dovy route of smiling his way to mastery. 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?