andyjohnsonman

Stage green/pluralistic relativism and confusion

8 posts in this topic

Ive been deeply in this stage now for about 5 years and it feels confusing. It feels like I can't ever know the answers to what I want with my life because everything is relative. Here are some examples or the way my mind works -  Do I want a girlfriend or not? Well maybe I do but can I believe my thoughts maybe they are all self deceptions. Maybe the idea of a self deception is a deception.

Maybe just drop all these concepts. Should I keep the job I have now? My life is passing me by but what is time? What about all these concerns? They are just thoughts in the mind. Should I focus on them and make choices or let life flow naturally? I can observe my thoughts which often makes the thoughts disperse but i still need to make decisions.   I basically just come up with questions without any answers which just becomes confusing. I remember Leo talked about this in his 9 stages of ego development in the Pluralistic stage. Ive been here for a while and it seems confusing that there are no answers or concretes. 

For a lot of my stage orange friends they don't have these problems. They just fall into life which they haven't designed for themselves settle find a job and a girl and seem content. 

Can anyone relate to this or have any comments?

Edited by andyjohnsonman

@andyjohnsonman I very much relate! It's so hard to come to decisions because of how many perspectives each situation can be looked at from. I'll come to a decision based on one, but then other perspectives still tend to come up in my mind. I've been confused too. I'm leaning towards just trying to follow my intuition and trust that, unless anyone else has better advice?

18 hours ago, andyjohnsonman said:

Ive been deeply in this stage now for about 5 years and it feels confusing. It feels like I can't ever know the answers to what I want with my life because everything is relative. Here are some examples or the way my mind works -  Do I want a girlfriend or not? Well maybe I do but can I believe my thoughts maybe they are all self deceptions. Maybe the idea of a self deception is a deception.

Maybe just drop all these concepts. Should I keep the job I have now? My life is passing me by but what is time? What about all these concerns? They are just thoughts in the mind. Should I focus on them and make choices or let life flow naturally? I can observe my thoughts which often makes the thoughts disperse but i still need to make decisions.   I basically just come up with questions without any answers which just becomes confusing. I remember Leo talked about this in his 9 stages of ego development in the Pluralistic stage. Ive been here for a while and it seems confusing that there are no answers or concretes. 

For a lot of my stage orange friends they don't have these problems. They just fall into life which they haven't designed for themselves settle find a job and a girl and seem content.

Can anyone relate to this or have any comments?

Yes, of course. That's the cost of grappling with relativity. Which is why most people suck at understanding relativity. There is a  period in your life that you must pass through where you feel lost in relativity and unable to make a decision as a result.

I had a plan to shoot a video about this.

But I already talked about the solution to some extent in my much under-rated video: Balancing Theory vs Practice

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I can relate. The solution is to just construct some structure and try it out, even if it doesn't feel natural. You can actually do things without having full knowledge about it.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Action fundamentaly comes from will, not truth. Find your inspiration and act on it inspite it not being grounded in truth. 

The road to God is paved with bliss.

start going for what feels right for you, this helps you get out of your maze of mind. relativity will always be there, but you will have to make desicions.

Don't be afraid to make "wrong" desicions, they just help you to find out whats right for you. Trust your gut feelings

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I had a plan to shoot a video about this.

I think this would be very useful as i'm guessing most of your viewers are around stage green and fall into this trap.