JayG84

What does "awake" even mean?

27 posts in this topic

Maybe what he meant is that these bodies Consciousness inhabits are already dissolving into dust. In 100 years, every set of eyes reading this thread will be dead. Realizing the impermanence of every thing, is the path to realizing the permanence of no thing, which is Consciousness itself.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

I think awake is when you have an insight about the nature of reality and you begin to become open to the mind blowing truth that is to know yourself, or to know reality.

^_^

You begin to question things that are taken for granted, like matter, thoughts, the ego, etc...

I'm probably wrong (usually am) but that's probably more like stirring awake (waking up) 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

17 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I'm probably wrong (usually am) but that's probably more like stirring awake (waking up) 

Probably, I really didn't look for the meaning exactly but I feel like awaken is when you begin to see the truth or you have some insights into the nature of reality but you are not completely enlightened.

But I know they have used the word also to mean that you are fully enlightened. There's many definitions of awaken, I just made my own definition Lol...

:-P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

12 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I just made my own definition Lol...

2 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

We creative types tend to do that ??

I agree the word is tossed around but there can be many awakenings, in fact I'm pretty sure I woke up this morning. At least, according to memory. 

The word is pretty but kinda like a used harlot. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

2 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

in fact I'm pretty sure I woke up this morning.

That’s a good thing to know hehehe

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

15 hours ago, JayG84 said:

But is there a "huge breakthrough" you must surpass to consider yourself to be awake? 

The ego/self would believe there to be an incredible firework show where all the secrets of the universe are revealed and instant bliss attained.

Everyone has a different experience. Here it could be summed up as ordinary and extraordinary simultaneously.

But to answer your question better, yes gradual awakening is often the case. A slow gradual understanding of the mechanisms that create suffering. Like the fog or veil slowly lifting to reveal what was always true.

The mind is accustomed to gaining knowledge. Awakening goes the opposite direction, its a falling away or a deprogramming, a disentangling from the socially conditioned mind matrix or self centered egoic agenda.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Um... no. Don't give people exaggerated negative ideas.

Atleast that is how it feels from my perspective when I enter a state of no mind. It feels like death.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.