Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
levani

what is the point of achieving / aiming for something if we are gonna die ?

6 posts in this topic

I am not coming from a depressing point of view, and i understand the importance of being present and actually living whilst i am still alive, however my question is why not engage in hedonistic activities such as playing video games, why/how much more are eudaemonistic activities more pleasurable than hedonistic activities? 

There isn't a point, it's just there is no alternative.

If you want to take more lifetimes to self realize, take as many as you need.

You're going to learn
You're going to exercise

You're going to help others

The difference is the extent, but if you wanna mess around, that's cool too

"Everyone plays a part in history, unfortuantely, most don't even know it" Paulo Coelho

Mihaly C in his book flow details that creative people ARE actually happier.

What you're talking about is short term hedonism: food/sex/drugs/dopamine/materialism/sleep
Vs

Long term hedonism:Having a good mind/body/soul which ironically lets you enjoy food/sex/drugs/dopamine/materialism and sleep even more, why?

Because you EARNED it and you KNOW it, BUT we habituate to everything; fatties to food, sex addicts to sex, video game addicts to video games, so you're not even being "hedonistic," the 400lb chunker isn't even enjoying that hoagie, he is totally 100% acustomed and doing it out of habit.

There is a reason the SAME part of your brain get activated when you have food/sex/drugs/dopamine/materialism as when you exercise/learn and help others.

So I would say there is no alternative, but if you wanna do a billion more lifetimes, that's totally fine too. Just in you asking the question, you helped me type this and thus played a role in history :)!

Existence cannot have any point outside itself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Because if you don´t try to achive/aime for something you are gonna fell into laziness and nihilism and you are gonna suffer. So the answer is to live a better life. 

Hedonism is a very shallow form of pleasure.

There are pleasures far greater out there, if you even had a taste you would instantly know that God is a reality.

Nothing against a little bit of hedonism, but there are things really worth experiencing that do not come by themselves! Which is what makes the process so beautiful.

You don‘t want to look back and think, that you wasted your life in mediocrity. The so called „hedonism“ is often times only an escape from the Path Of Passion.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

Existence doesn’t exist. Existence is existence. Maybe listen to “just a kiss” by lady antebellum. It was life changing for me. Probably not for you though.

(I never cried so hard in my life.)

Edited by The0Self