Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Focus Shift

Thoughts on Robert Greene?

8 posts in this topic

I was just wondering what anyone's thoughts are on Robert Greene and his insights are on Human Nature. I like how he gives you tools to be more rational (in a good way) and aware in situations. If you are familiar with his work, what are some of your favorite books of his? 

Connect with us here:

https://linktr.ee/focusshiftmedia

He writes books about power games and influence right?

I've never really considered his theories but can see how theyd be fascinating to the right crowd.

@Focus Shift

His books are overly cynical and paranoid in my opinion. I did like Mastery though, that one is worth a read.

@aurum How are his books overly cynical? He does admit he has a bias towards the darker side of human nature (i.e. The 48 Laws of Power), but he uses historical examples of these principles. It's a great way to examine how not to get fucked over. Additionally, The Laws of Human Nature is all about empathy to unwire our selfish, neurotic tendencies. 

Connect with us here:

https://linktr.ee/focusshiftmedia

I loved Mastery, other ones are mehish, but I don't look at things in an extremist point of view, I just learn from everyone.

Do I have to agree with everything Osho, Wes watson, Tony Robbins, Neville Goddard, Richard Feynman and Alan Watts have to say? NOPE!

I take what is useful, make a note of what I think could be improved or move on. Robert Green is someone who combines history, psychology, philosophy and "self help" (what isn't) in a fun and well put together blend, he is also a unique character, which adds to his vibe. Personally I am a massive fan even though I don't love everything he does, but that's normal for everyone.