mmKay

Is this what " Other" actually is?

8 posts in this topic

So I wanted to share this Insight I had a while ago about the existential nature of the self / other and the sentient / inert duallity. 

Not long before this, I had a short Samadhi experience while doing some neti-neti and focusing on Actuallity meditation. 

I'm saying this because I applied the "Mu" insight while talking with a co-worker face to face. 

That day I had been pondering:  what does it  mean that something is alive? How is it possible for something to exist and be " dead, inert, not sentient " ? This notion felt so absurd. 

So I was chatting with, lets call him Paul, and as I was directly looking at his face,  eyes,  mouth moving, etc, I asked myself " how can I be sure of him being "alive", just like " I am " in my direct experience? 

What I saw was his mouth moving, making sounds, facial expressions, etc while I was PROJECTING on him the idea of " human being, alive, sentient, not inert and different from a rock " . 

This kind of freaked me out for a while. I felt as if he was a robot, as in ", just moving but no person inside ". 

I asked myself " what's the difference between him and a rock?? 

And I could't find a proof of him being more alive than a rock is, the only difference being that I was projecting that he is "alive" and that "he" displays more intelligence and movement. 

I imagined him being made of stone, but a kind  of stone that is intelligent, could move, had a girlfriend, could comunicate, and looks and feels like flesh. WOW. IT'S THE SAME!! 

I thought " oh god, I'm fucked " . 

I knew I won't be able to shake this off.

And that's how the dead / alive  and inert / sentient conceptual duallity colapsed in my mind. 

Since then, I don't look at others the same way. 

Anyways, Paul is a cool guy. No idea what he was saying though LOL. 

TLDR : Others = Mu. Rocks = Mu.  The only difference is that I project one is alive, human, sentient and rocks are not intelligent, not alive, etc. 

wtf. Is this what Leo means with "others" being imaginery? 

Edit : yes, nevertheless I'm still nice to people

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

55 minutes ago, mmKay said:

Edit : yes, nevertheless I'm still nice to people

I was kinda hoping that you started to throw people at rocks.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Yeah I know the feeling, I actually got a direct insight that iam the only one that exists and im totally alone. 

It freaked me out so much..

But now I feel that people are somehow concious but on higher states of conciousness they are not in my experience 

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

You yourself are also imaginary

Also, what would proof that other people exist look like?

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Other is Self. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

What you see is your dream. Whichever way. There is no other. There is only other in the Dream. You are the center of the universe. There is no one but you here . Stop denying it and deal with yourself as God. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

6 hours ago, Osaid said:

Also, what would proof that other people exist look like?

I didn't know. It was one of these uninquired unconscious assumptions I had. That " others " are real. Then I wanted to know , how can I know if they are real? Therefore looking for a  " proof " , but as I said, I found none. 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered