tsuki

Peter Ralston on psychedelics

145 posts in this topic

@Keyhole you have great spiritual talent. Don't sell yourself short. You know so much about intuition, Karmic energy and energetic work. Don't underestimate your God given gifts. 

You're only gonna get better with time like fine wine. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I am very proud of what this thread has become :x
@Keyhole @lmfao @Preety_India

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Truth be told, I can't understand why would someone not pursue truth, be on the path. I literally can't understand what else is there to do in life? Can anyone explain this to me in a way that does not belittle or dismiss non-seekers?

Only reincarnation and soul age are an explanation that I find acceptable. 

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

Truth be told, I can't understand why would someone not pursue truth, be on the path. I literally can't understand what else is there to do in life? Can anyone explain this to me in a way that does not belittle or dismiss non-seekers?

Most people don't have the concept of existential truth in their minds, so they're basically in total delusion. They're in a state of oneness/non-duality with delusion, which is ultimately absolute truth to them. Deep sleep.

I think it takes certain amounts of skepticism and disbelief to start entertaining metaphysical concepts such as absolute existential truth, let alone trying to actually find them in direct experience, which is another rude awakening, but not the end of the line.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

15 hours ago, tsuki said:

Only reincarnation and soul age are an explanation that I find acceptable. 

People get into spirituality either because they experienced a legitimate mystical experience before they were interested in it, or because they want a better life (pop mindfulness, which eventually develops into a serious practice).

Both can eventually lead to enlinghtenment, the first reason probably more often.

Curiosity (Leo Gura type of people) leads you to get your first mystical experience without really striving for it and start taking spirituality seriously (whih is the same as the first reason).

You could sum it up as insight vs liberation.

Of course those intersect, and most people care about both.

Edited by Michal__