Vision

What MBTI personality type is most conducive to Consciousness/Enlightenment work?

27 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Username said:

@Moksha INFJs have have very strong Fi but do not value it. INFPs have very strong Ni but prefere Ne.

How?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Thanks all, after reading through some of the descriptions I'm even more confused.

https://personalityjunkie.com/09/infj-vs-infp-enfj-isfj-emotions-judgments/

If I had to order by function, for me it feels like:

Introverted Intuition (Ni)
Extraverted Intuition (Ne)
Introverted Feeling (Fi)
Extraverted Feeling (Fe)
Introverted Thinking (Ti)
Extraverted Thinking (Te)
Introverted Sensing (Si)
Extraverted Sensing (Se)

The intuition thing is confusing me the most, because internal vs. external feels like a false differentiation. I experience it as all the same.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

7 hours ago, Moksha said:

Thanks all, after reading through some of the descriptions I'm even more confused.

OK. I'll simplify it for you.

If you're an INFJ, you have a strong Fe, which means you're more about what others are feeling, their values, and influencing others.  INFJs tend to be the preacher-prophet types.  They make good counselors.

If you're an INFP, you have a strong Fi, so you're more in touch with your own feelings/values, and you're more attuned to healing others.  INFPs make the best healers and writers.

INFJ = The Counselor

INFP = The Healer

Edited by Haumea2018

22 hours ago, Shin said:

What he means (I think), is that regardless of your type, you can focus your attention on yourself (as consciousness).

That's really the only thing to do in the end, and no personality has an advantage on that, because it doesn't matter what you do you can always be conscious.

It sounded an awful lot like "don't even think about these things at all, it's dangerous" or something.

Well, you can recognize that you have a personality type without some pathological attachment to it.  It's just reality.  In fact, it may help you to understand your weaknesses and how to constructively deal with them.

1 hour ago, Haumea2018 said:

It sounded an awful lot like "don't even think about these things at all, it's dangerous" or something.

Well, you can recognize that you have a personality type without some pathological attachment to it.  It's just reality.  In fact, it may help you to understand your weaknesses and how to constructively deal with them.

That guy (iameternallife) seems to have just been banned in like the past day anyway lol.

That helps, thank you @Haumea2018. My sense is that personalities can be somewhat fluid across categories, depending on circumstances and the individual, but the underlying processes are helpful for introspection.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.